A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Was I wrong to get pissed at the slow driver in the 'Fast Lane'? -long-

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2000, 07:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Was I wrong to get pissed at the slow driver in the 'Fast Lane'? -long-

280 South to San Jose...a black Jetta with bike rack, with the need to be in the fast lane, but no one in front of her, inconsistent speed, and the right lanes relatively clear. Us - 3 Audi's lined up behind her, being patient (relatively). I end up passing 2 lanes over to the right, and I can tell she's pissed. 4 miles later she passes me 2 lanes over in an off ramp, and looks at me like I'm the a**hole. Hmmmmm. It's days like this that I wish I could have ignored her....but I just couldn't. Is it time for Road Rage School??
Old 05-10-2000, 07:32 AM

Default Re: Was I wrong to get pissed at the slow driver in the 'Fast Lane'? -long-

She's just pissed that you have an Audi and she
doesn't
Old 05-10-2000, 07:40 AM

She's also pissed 'cause she realizes that she doesn't know how to drive.
Old 05-10-2000, 07:49 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Road Rage School? Is that where you go to learn to drive fast and shoot straight at the same time???

<p>DougR
'00 1.8TQMS silver/opal
Old 05-10-2000, 07:52 AM

Default First Rule of Driving in the left Lane: YOU are NEVER Wrong

hahahahaha.
Whatever man - in Jersey- there are signs that say - KEEP LEFT PASS RIGHT. No one pays attention, then when you flash them, or ride their - *** - they seem to think you are an ******* - Well, you may be the ******* thats driving fast - but they are the ******* that driving slow in the left lane.... Seems to me, that when you are driving - you just make a decision as to what kind of ******* you wanna be..... HEHEHE
Old 05-10-2000, 07:57 AM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default "in Jersey- there are signs that say - KEEP LEFT PASS RIGHT" Huh? I knew NJ was strange, but...

<p>Rick
99.5 1.8TQMS silver/onyx
Old 05-10-2000, 08:32 AM

The signs on the parkway in NJ are "Keep Right, Pass On The Left"
Old 05-10-2000, 08:36 AM
tuk
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: Was I wrong to get pissed at the slow driver in the 'Fast Lane'? -long-

On 880 also.
Last time, a civic doing the same stupid fast-lane-slow-spd driving. I flashed, I waited, I flashed again (as I got impatient for being boxed in that 3 lanes freeway). Finally I got a chance to pass on the right lane. And guess what! He speed-up but you all may know the result--I passed him just like that! It's only a civic (and with a bad-attitude driver)
Old 05-10-2000, 08:42 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default but we have to be the bigger people here...

we are the enthusiasts, the ones who care, the ones who actually ENJOY driving. Hence, we are the ones (hopefully) paying the most attention. The average person doesn't know what kind of car they drive, let alone how to drive it.

I already get a bad rap for being a "bad" driver, although I argue that while I may be speeding, I am amongst the safest people on the road, becuase I am paying attention. So be nice, yeah they are dumb, but move around and move on.

Besides, you can outrun them and outhandle them.

Lead by example.
Old 05-10-2000, 08:46 AM

Default Dang, and I thought everyone knew how to drive in SJ :-)

I just pass on the right if I'm forced to rather than insisting amateurs to learn the rule. What else can you do?

Quick Reply: Was I wrong to get pissed at the slow driver in the 'Fast Lane'? -long-