A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

IMPORTANT: This is NOT a joke! I was just told Audi/VW of Van Nuys will no longer carry Audi. (more)

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-1999, 06:51 PM
Bob.1

Default IMPORTANT: This is NOT a joke! I was just told Audi/VW of Van Nuys will no longer carry Audi. (more)

I called Audi of Van Nuys today to check the status of my A4 order. My salesman was out so I asked to speak to someone regarding my order and was told that Audi/VW of Van Nuys is no longer a dealer for Audi! I was also told that my salesman will get back to me and let me know where I will take delivery of my A4! It occurred to me later that maybe this was a salesman's idea of an April Fool's joke so I called back and was assured this was NO joke! David Hasson is suppose to call me tomorrow and let me know who I will now be dealing with... I assume that the new dealer will honor the previous commitments (which fortunately I have in writing!). Has anyone else heard about this???
Old 04-01-1999, 07:45 PM
David

Default Re: IMPORTANT: This is NOT a joke! I was just told Audi/VW of Van Nuys will no longer carry Audi. (more)

really????? I am just at my 5000 mile service. Where do I take it now????
Old 04-01-1999, 09:39 PM
Bob.1

Default Really. I'm kinda pissed because I'm wondering how long they were going to wait to let me know?

David Hasson (their fleet manager) is supposed to call me tomorrow. But I'm not holding my breath, I called him a couple of weeks ago and left a message asking what the current status was on my ordered A4 (ordered Dec. 15). He never returned my call. I called today and, again, he wasn't there so I asked that someone tell me the status. I was told they would call me back -- but they didn't. So I called this evening only to be told that they quit selling Audi's and they would see about returning my deposit!!! Whoa! I told them that the order had definitely been placed and he told me David would have to tell me where the car would actually be delivered!!! If you hear anything, please post. I'll post any additional info tomorrow.
Old 04-01-1999, 11:18 PM
Rob B.

Default Re: IMPORTANT: This is NOT a joke! I was just told Audi/VW of Van Nuys will no longer carry Audi. (more)

I was just there today to pick up a part and the lot was full of audis ... not that this means that they won't truck them out at a future date. Did you ask the reason why they will stop selling audis?<p>I actually hope that you are joking since I take my car there for service.
Old 04-02-1999, 07:49 AM
James R.

You could take it to Rusnak Westlake Village...or you could goto Steve Taub in Santa Monica I've used Rusnak Westlake...service was OK
Old 04-02-1999, 07:52 AM
Bob.1

This absolutely isn't a joke... I'll be calling them later today to get the full scoop from my salesman. Pick up the phone and see for yourself.
Old 04-02-1999, 07:56 AM
JamesD

Default a reminder for anyone negotiating an order...Get it in writing!

when i was notified that i could pick up my A4 last november, i was informed that the salesman i had been working with was no longer at that dealership and he hadn't left any notations regarding price in my file. i had to fight with the saleman and the sales manager to get them to match the price i'd agreed on. they finally relented under the condition that i not tell anyone how much i paid. (i didn't even get that good a deal...approx. 5% over invoice)
Old 04-02-1999, 08:50 AM
Matt Pley

You can also goto Ogner in Woodland Hills. There are pretty snooty if you don't mind.