A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

It's getting tiring being reminded of Murphy's Law all the time. Heading home in my Civic earlier...

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2006, 04:57 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default It's getting tiring being reminded of Murphy's Law all the time. Heading home in my Civic earlier...

on route 80, I hit a stupid fvcking Canada goose. Nobody knows how to drive in the rain and everybody does 60-65 in the left lane of a 65MPH highway, so my impatient *** was forced to use the open right lane. Too good to be true. I see a dark object up ahead, maybe a chunk of tire. I'll drive over it. Tires don't walk and by the time I realized what it was, I was too stunned to react with the steering wheel. I went hard on the brakes good enough to bring my speed down drastically without getting dangerous, but that goose had no chance. The only impact noise I heard was when it got caught up in the rear tire, so I was really hoping I didn't fvck anything up. Not wanting to know what I did to my new car, I just kept driving. I was real disappointed when I got home and found the lower part of the bumper mangled. On closer inspection, it was just popped inward, but I still feared cracked paint and warped plastic. Popped that fvcker out and it looks like nothing happened. That goose, on the other hand, will never make that mistake again.
Old 09-14-2006, 05:07 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Did you at least stop to ask if he was okay?

lol.
Old 09-14-2006, 05:08 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

lol. I assumed he was because I could see him waving to me in the rearview
Old 09-14-2006, 05:32 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default good for you. Those things are dirty disgusting creatures. I did feel bad when I killed

a baby one with my mountain bike. I was too busy trying to kick its mother in the head and didn't even notice it walking in front of me. I guess that's why the mother was yelling at me to begin with. Oh well.
Old 09-14-2006, 05:38 PM
RKA
AudiWorld Uber User

Default Was a racoon with me...

Made a late trip to the video store...I was piddling along at 10 mph under the speed limit on the way back, and the little fvcker walks out into the road, stops, looks at my headlights, and decides to CONTINUE WALKING ACROSS THE ROAD!??! Luckily I was driving slow enough to swerve around him without the resulting drama you endured. That thing was the size of a thanksgiving butterball!

It's the VTEC...they think it's a mating call.

And deer season is coming...
Old 09-14-2006, 05:38 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Default HAHA! These things are a plague. Two of these stupid animals parked a nest 10 feet...

from the door to the building I used to work in. Every single time you went in/out of the building, you were greeted by pissed off hissing geese. I took care of that, though. No reason to mind a nest with smashed eggs :-)
Old 09-14-2006, 05:44 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Default I ran OVER a deer earlier this year with the A4. Real stupid of me to take my eyes off the road...

but I got real lucky and only broke the belly pan, a fog light (which I was removing anyway), and bent up some heat shielding. I completely missed the suspension and did a Dukes of Hazzard over that big fvcker. I swear the car left the ground.
Old 09-14-2006, 07:09 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Last year this time was a bear for me. Brakes/tires held up in dry. Fuzions on teh Avant, iirc.

Get some driving lights.
Old 09-14-2006, 07:11 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Canadians are silly like that.
Old 09-14-2006, 07:42 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default That had to make some noise

Reminds me of when I hit a bobcat in Hyde county ,NC and ripped just a foglight completely off my SAAB. Consider yourself lucky that was all that happened.

Quick Reply: It's getting tiring being reminded of Murphy's Law all the time. Heading home in my Civic earlier...