A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

The lights on my 99 A4 are so effing bad!

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-1999, 03:59 AM
bitch & moan

Default The lights on my 99 A4 are so effing bad!

ugh.. its raining.. i left my house at around 5am this morning and due to this daylight savings ****, its pitch black when i leave i cant see ****. nothing. nothing. nothing.
why oh why audi did you give me such poor lights? why oh why cant i be like everyone elses new car with bright lights? why oh why cant my lights be as bright as the passats?
damn my headlights. damn em damn em damn em.
id probably have better visabilty with my lights completely off!
someone order me the phillips xenon bulbs and ballasts. im sick and tired of this halogen h7 ****.
Old 11-02-1999, 04:22 AM
Jeff J

Default For about 1/3 the price of a xenon conversion you could...

get the Euro headlight kit. I think Velocity Sport Tuning had one listed for about $400 or less. Then you just need more powerful bulbs for the H4s. In my old GTi I was running 130 watt (highbeam) bulbs in my H4s. Due to the angle of the H4 setup I doubt I ever blinded anybody (accept maybe cresting a hill--but I made sure to turn the highbeams off while doing it). When I had the 75 watt low and 130 watt high beams on at the same time, I could light up road signs a mile down the road. It was pretty amazing.

Still, FWIW, I can't imagine why you think the stock lighting is so poor. If I think to all the new cars I've recently driven, few had lights that were as good as my 99 A4's stock setup and most were worse.

Best,
Jeff J
Old 11-02-1999, 05:21 AM
Calm down!!!!

Default Re: The lights on my 99 A4 are so effing bad!

BTW, could just control yourself and stop using foul language on this forum. I can understand your frustration, but that's what this forum is for. Pose the question/issue and someone will offer an alternative.

99.5 2.8qms
Lights are good for me..
Old 11-02-1999, 05:51 AM
ChrisWB

Did you try raising the angle a little? It makes a huge difference.
Old 11-02-1999, 06:25 AM
Dime

Default What are you talking 'bout? Lights are actually brighter. 99.5TQW

Judging by the way you write, looks like you have some other issues.
Old 11-02-1999, 06:43 AM
Matt Daniels

Default Daylight savings....

Shouldn't it actually be *lighter* now at 5 am? I'm sure it's still dark at 5 am, but what is 5 am this week, was 6 am last week, so it should be lighter an hour earlier in the morning, and darker an hour earlier in the evening. At least that's how it's working in my part of the world.

Sorry, can't help you with the lights.

Matt
Old 11-02-1999, 07:00 AM
EriqC

Default It's the same on my side the world too. Brighter in the morning now. Perhaps he made...

Perhaps he made a mistake and meant to say it the other way around. Or I'd hate to live on his side of the world, wherever it is!
Old 11-02-1999, 07:31 AM
brian

read the post again, its a 99. not a 99.5
Old 11-02-1999, 08:23 AM
Ray Calvo

Default Agree; 5 minute job with lights shining against a wall about 100 ft away

Doesn't match Bosch Euros, but is a big improvement.
Old 11-02-1999, 09:36 AM
Sell your car, buy an education

Did you even attempt to express yourself without the swear words? Or is that the best you can do?

Quick Reply: The lights on my 99 A4 are so effing bad!