A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Need advice on tweaking suspension (kinda long)

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2002, 03:45 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need advice on tweaking suspension (kinda long)

I currently have neuspeed bilsteins and some OEM sport springs sitting in my room waiting to be installed. I live in Boston btw, so if anyone in the area has experience with this install and is looking for a project with all food and beer funded by me, please let me know.

I am now thinking to the future, about tweaking my suspension once it goes in. Oh, some 17" Oettinger REs will most likely accompany the suspension.

What other mods do people think would be most effective for my car? Basically I am already set on getting a 19mm nesupeed rear sway bar and an OEM sport front sway bar. Beyond that I have a few options.

1. Get an LLTek stut tower brace and a factory lower tie bar from a newer A4 (i have a 98.5) to stiffen up chassis. Issues here are I have heard off some people having fitment issues with the LLtek brace. I also know some who are running it with no problems.

2. Forget the strut brace and get a nesupeed lower tie bar, which I have heard is an effective mod on my earlier model car.

3. Forget the stut brace and and tie bar and get an AWE DTS, which I have heard acts as a lower tie bar along with reducing drivline lash. The issue here is I already have an APR snub mount and I have heard that the combination of the two can create some vibrations. Plus, DTS = $$$$$

4. Sell my car and buy a skateboard because this s#it is overwhelming! Too much fun though!

I use the car for spirited daily driving, no track events but plenty of night time fun runs!

As always, I am grateful to everyone who chooses to offer some input.
Old 05-20-2002, 04:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Drive West from BU and pick somebody to install the suspension. Save beer money and your knuckles!