A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Need the help of all and any AWers (Serious attacks against Car)

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2003, 12:07 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need the help of all and any AWers (Serious attacks against Car)

Alright, so here is the frame: Saturday April 12th, my right rear tail light is kicked out. Wednesday April 16th, a bat goes through the rear windshield in a fashion that cleared the whole frame glass. Wednesday April 23rd, 12pm car is found keyed to **** in the college parking lot. The first two instances i thought they were coincidences but now because of the keying it is obvious a malicious attack against me and my car. So here are the questions: What would be the best way to deal with the situation? (i.e. finding the person vandalizing my car); is there a way to mount a camera that records a 360 degree area around the car so that anymore damage is recorded and i can catch the criminal?; being that this is vandalism and insurance won't cover the damage what should i do about the paint job?; i need any advice on this issue that i can get. I once thought that it was another jackass college kid with no respect for someones property, now i know its someone directly ****ing with me and my car.

sorry for the rant but i am now desperate since the police and college security offer me no help. Also, last question, would hiring a private investigator to watch the car and photograph it upon further damage be worth it?

thanks,
mike
Old 04-23-2003, 12:10 PM

Default I think your comprehensive insurance should cover vandalism...

I had someone throw a rock, about the size of a softball, at my car when I drove by and it got covered...
Old 04-23-2003, 12:10 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default just ask your self this to find your answer:

"Whose girlfriend did i fvck?"

Sorry I can't be a real help. I'd suggest trying to keep it in well lit, high traffic areas.
Old 04-23-2003, 12:11 PM

Default camp out in a bush with a baseball bat and when they come to fvck up your car you come out

and fvck them up big time with ye olde baseball bat.

Make sure you break their feet first, so they cant run away. Also break their hands so buying stuff is really hard. Eating is near impossible and taking a **** would be miserable.

Non lethal injuries and if they know whats good for em they will keep their mouth shut.
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default set up a camara that can watch the car from a distance (in dorm or in another persons car)

Then take that video to the police...Might want to recruit multiple friends so you can cover it from all angles (many cameras in many cars in that parking lot)
BTW what college?
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default thanks for the amusement. I wish it was that easy. That's where i have been

keeping it since the tail light though.
Old 04-23-2003, 12:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ditto. comp covered ~$5k when someone broke into my A4. another $2k from raccoon incident.
Old 04-23-2003, 12:16 PM

Default Comp Ins does cover vandalism (AAA)...and with some companies, your rates will NOT go up. Also, i'd

hide a camera in a location were can see your entire car (Friend's car parked infront/behind or a building window etc.) and record it.

I had a simular experience with my Jag when I was in college. I hid a camera in my friend's window..caught the little sh*t in the act.

If you catch the f*cker, don't kick his *ss, b/c if you do, you can't have him prosecuted. Think of it this way...it's better for him to meet Big Bubba in Jail than for you to kick his but....Bubba will do much much more damage to him.

Good luck!
Old 04-23-2003, 12:16 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

LMAO!
Old 04-23-2003, 12:19 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

gettysburg college in PA.

Quick Reply: Need the help of all and any AWers (Serious attacks against Car)