A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

NEED HELP!! I'm still trying to mount a Razo accelerator pedal on my 1.8QTipS (long).

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-1999, 04:17 AM
Odie

Default NEED HELP!! I'm still trying to mount a Razo accelerator pedal on my 1.8QTipS (long).

I'm still trying to figure out how to mount an accelerator pedal of Razo w/ my 99.5. First of all, my A4 is in Tiptronic, but I do believe that the accelerator is as same as the manual shift models.

There comes w/ a metal bar where you should bent and circled the accelerator and hold the Razo pedal holder. But where should I 'circle' this metal bar onto??? If I tried to press the pedal by hand, I noticed that it'll compress and fit in the other lower plastic, there seems no space to add a metal bar when it's compressed.

Should I install it upright reversely?? Please help me on installing it and if possible, please post some photos for me.

Odie
99.5 1.8TQTipS (soon to be APRed)
Old 10-28-1999, 04:28 AM
jasyn

Default it'll fit .. you'll have to reshape that metal bar a little tho ...

it took me over an hour to put on all 3 pedals. here's a rough sketch of what i did. pictures wont help unless i take the pedal off and there's NO WAY i'm gonna do that.

the original \___/
the modified \_____/

you'll just have to play with it until you get it right. the screws wont fit perfectly straight but it'll be tight.

hope that helps

99.5 1.8tqms apr
-jasyn
Old 10-28-1999, 04:40 AM
Brian

Default i installed razo pedals on my nontip 1.8..

theres a term i use when i decribe my installation.. ghetto.
i had to bend the brackets way way out of shape, then i only bolted one side of each bracket on. i then took 2 extra metal brackets bolted em onto the other side.. the pedal doesnt slip or anything. but if anyone looked behind that sucker, theyd be in for a great laugh!

my advice? toss your pedals in the garbage, get a set of sparcos.. they drill right in and they look great..

ive got a set of oettingers on order, but i may sell em and opt for the much less expensive sparcos.. ive seen em on Cris' A4, and i must admit they look great!
Old 10-28-1999, 05:09 AM
rTk

Default Re: NEED HELP!! I'm still trying to mount a Razo accelerator pedal on my 1.8QTipS (long).

The accelerator will fit with a little massaging as mention below. But there is almost no way in hell the brake pedals for your tip will fit without A LOT of tweaking. Take the others advice and buy pedals made for the A4. If you were able to get the brake pedal on, please tell me how.
Old 10-28-1999, 05:57 AM
Rodney

Default Do the Razo's make heel-toeing easier?

Also, were there different sizes, and if so which size did you go with?

Regards,
Rodney

'99 A4 1.8tqms
Old 10-28-1999, 06:01 AM
Rodney

Default Which Sparcos?

Also, do they make heel-toe shifting easier (ie. bigger pedals, closer together and more level)?

Regards,
Rodney

'99 A4 1.8tqms
Old 10-28-1999, 06:08 AM
TM in PA

Default BTDT (more)

I helped a friend install the Razos on his A4. Man, was that a major PITA. It took me about 1.5 hrs. just to do three pedals, where it took me only about 30 min. on my truck. The Razos work well once they are installed, but they are not well-suited to the A4 in terms of installation. I hope my friend never takes a close look at the pedal installation, because I'm sure it looks like h*ll.

I have the Sparcos on my A4 and IMHO, the Sparcos are much better. You need to drill the Sparcos, but they come out looking better and they work just as well. I love those rubber nubs.

TM
99.5 A4 Avant 1.8TQMS
Nissan Pathfinder
type 44 in the future
Old 10-28-1999, 06:09 AM
TM in PA

The Sparcos w/ the rubber nubs really help heel and toe, IMHO
Old 10-28-1999, 06:12 AM
Odie

Default For the brake pedal, this is what I'll do...(more)

I've tried to take off the springs and the two curved bars that should climp on with the upper bar. Once I took both off and, I can easy to fit the lower bar (without springs, just bar and screws) and screw them tight on the brake pedal. For the upper bar, the screw position will not fit unless you drill two holes in your A4 brake pedal frame. After it, just screw the upper bar onto the frame and it'll all be done.

Odie
99.5 1.8TQTipS (soon to be APRed)
Old 10-28-1999, 06:13 AM
Odie

Are they like those pedals in LLtek catalog??

Quick Reply: NEED HELP!! I'm still trying to mount a Razo accelerator pedal on my 1.8QTipS (long).