A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

In other news... my fuel mileage test had a bump in it ... due to a lexus corolla

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2006, 04:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default In other news... my fuel mileage test had a bump in it ... due to a lexus corolla

I was in fifth gear doing 65 with cruise control... going down a gentle low hill on the freeway... watching my mpg rise to 85 Sigh how nice it was... then i looked in my rear view mirror and saw blue lights flashing. OH FVCK!... I look at my speedometer.. hmm i'm doing 65 what's up. Then it hits me... the blue light i'm seeing is from some fvcking ricer swerving between cars... trying get somewhere fast in a slow manner.

I look again and notice the black mesh grill in the hood.. and the silver mesh in the lower bumper. Wow rice has gone abstract.. nice. I was CONTENT!! drivng at my pace and planned on letting him go by... but then... sigh

I'm in the middle lane... and there is two open ones beside me. This guy decides to drive right up against my bumper.. and hang there... "hmm what an *** i think to myself..." and tap the brakes. At this the ricer swerved then was pissed off.. and pulled along side... i expected him to pass... and continue on his way.. but instead NOOOO.. he has to start downshifting.. and lunging. I looked at my fuel guage sitting just in front of the halfway mark and 135miles on this tank so far... should i blow it... THEN HE FVCKIN HONKED... god damn it!.. drop to fourth... and watch my boost guage flutter... oh sigh how i haven't looked at that in awhile.

I looked over at ricer boy... then the gas pedal.. then my mileage.. and then my foot connecting gas pedal to floor... boost shooting to 17p.s.i... and suddenly my guage was rising from 65-85... The ricer was hard on his gas "the sound of a thousand sewing machines was the sure sign" There was a car in front of me in my lane.. and one in front of him... i split them evenly and was off. Well ricer boy attempted to imitate.. but the gap had closed... he braked hard and again almost lost control... he went to the far right lane.. and attempted to gain ground... i hit 90... then shut it down... cruise control and back to fuel savings... him on the other hand.. NOOOOO.. he tries to scare me by cutting into the middle lane really abruptly almost hitting my passenger side... he hung there for a bit.. and took off in ricer glory... Then i realized why he was so pissed... He wasn't driving a toyota.. It was a lexus!... he had pulled off all the toyota badges and had it labeled as an is300.. tragedy i say..

i know.. pointless story... but the forum is slow... yes street racing = stupid... was just really agitated... and the freeway had very very light traffic. maybe 5 cars were passsed in this whole sequence on a 6 lane freeway (3 east 3 west)
Old 05-03-2006, 04:44 PM
Keeper of the Cash

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Rebadged as a Lexus... Sigh, makes me think of the JDM BWM (Honda Accord rebadged as 740 iL).

<ul><li><a href="https://forums.audiworld.com/other/msgs/5360615.phtml">Found the post with pictures</a></li></ul>
Old 05-03-2006, 05:00 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default meh I encouraged a ricer to use the shoulder today...

apparently its really cool to pass on the right, but even cooler to pass on the shoulder right in traffic next to an entrance ramp. I love messing with ricers... what harm can I be I'm just a blue blob.
Old 05-03-2006, 05:02 PM

I like chocolate....
Old 05-03-2006, 05:04 PM
BSK
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+ handicapped tags
Old 05-03-2006, 05:21 PM

Default ?

<ul><li><a href="https://forums.audiworld.com/other/msgs/5486304.phtml">clicka</a></li></ul>
Old 05-03-2006, 05:36 PM

wow....sad...
Old 05-03-2006, 06:13 PM
AudiWorld Super User

JoeyT and I once saw a Daewoo Nubria badged as a BMW Alpina.
Old 05-03-2006, 06:19 PM
Keeper of the Cash

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Those both just got 1up by those wheels above.
Old 05-03-2006, 06:41 PM

I once saw a Ford Windstar rebadged as a Land Rover

Quick Reply: In other news... my fuel mileage test had a bump in it ... due to a lexus corolla