A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Paint-like substance on hood of car...can't get it off....HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-1999, 06:25 AM
Scott Tominovich

Default Paint-like substance on hood of car...can't get it off....HELP!

I was washing my Avant last night and noticed I had two blue-colered splatters on the hood. It is some time of paint...I cannot seem to get it off! Any suggestions?<br>
Old 06-23-1999, 06:33 AM
DaveW

Try using clay
Old 06-23-1999, 07:03 AM
Jim

Default Re: Paint-like substance on hood of car...can't get it off....HELP!

I used the Mother's Clay kit for a similar problem. Caused it myself with some overspray. Got it at a sponsor http://www.autofanatics.com.<p>Just be careful.
Old 06-23-1999, 07:27 AM
SI

Default Try using gas (No Joke)

I know that about a dozen or so will come on and say don't use gas, And I will agree with them, to a point. Gas is acidic, and will cut through paint splashes on the surface WITHOUT damaging the clearcoat finish, when washed within seconds after do so. Meaning have a hose, soap and water ready to clean off the surface you have just gassed.<br>I have done this multiple times on a black car without any problem. What I do is a take a rag, pour a little gas on in and then rub the area with the problem. I then immediately take soap and water to the surface and take all of the gas off. I will wash the surface atleast twice. I will then Wax the area, and the car in general.<br>I know that this advice will have a lot of detractors, but it does work if you do it correctly and don't allow the gas to sit there for to long.<br>Flame suit is now on.
Old 06-23-1999, 08:31 AM
Ray Calvo

Default Milder suggestion: WD-40

SI has a good suggestion. Another method is trying Wd-40. I have used this on several different types of spots successfull. <p>Spray on spot, let it sit for a couple of seconds, then try rubbing out. After completion, washt eh esection and apply wax. WD40 shouldn't hurt paint but it sure attracts dust/dirt.