A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Park Place Motors in Dallas

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-1998, 08:51 AM
Bonnie

Default Park Place Motors in Dallas

I posted here a few weeks ago after test driving an A4, and am still very interested in one. I test drove a BMW 323 yesterday, and still liked the A4 better. What I would like to know is right now I am living in NJ, and the prices I have received fromt the dealers here through Carpoint, etc. were anywhere from $1,400 to $1,600 over invoice. <p>I contacted the dealers in Texas, and someone called me from Houston (even though I will be living in Dallas), and said it is 2% under MSRP. That sounds way too high. Another dealer called me from Dallas and said it is 1-1/2% under MSRP. Park Place Motors said it would be between $1,500 and $1,850 under MSRP, which is a little closer to the prices in the NE. The dealers in Texas said that the demand is so great, that is why they can sell them at that price. Well, the demand here is just as great, in fact, the port of entry is in Houston, so I would think they get more of a supply than the rest of the country. I believe someone said they purchased their car at Park Place. I would appreciate if someone could answer how much under MSRP they paid, and/or over invoice they paid. Another thing I thought was strange was that all of the dealers said they don't do "over invoice", only "under MSRP". Here in the NE, they all do "over invoice". Why would that be? When you are going through these buying services, they generally work from invoice price up.<p>Thanks for any help you can give me.<p>Bonnie
Old 12-31-1998, 09:08 AM
JZ

Default Re: Park Place Motors in Dallas

Contact Bellavia Audi in West New York and ask for Gil, he hooked me up and the crew up there is great. He will beat any deal. Tell him that John Z. with the silver 1.8T recommended recommended them.
Old 12-31-1998, 10:22 AM
john song

Default Could you tell me your experience of the comparison

Are you thinking about getting A4 2.8?<p>I did the same comparison between A4 2.8 and 323(I just test drove a 323, 3 days ago), and I think my result is the opposite of yours. <p>I wanted an A4 2.8 Quattro/SPorts/Manual for so long but now I am confused about my decision.<p>What did you like about A4 over 323? I liked the value of A4 and the engine, but I liked the suspension of 323 better (they both had sports package and manual trans).<p>I would appreciate it if you could tell me how you felt between the two.<br> <br>
Old 12-31-1998, 11:20 AM
EricG

Default Re: Park Place Motors in Dallas...Houston perspective...

I just bought an A4 2.8AQS from a dealer in Houston. Their supply, suprisingly enough, is somewhat limited. My car is sitting in that very port o' Houston now. Looks like I won't get it this year after all. E-mail me off line and I'll tell you about the Houston area dealer experience. BTW, those prices you are getting quoted here are pretty good. I was 7% above invoice. Not Great, but I needed the car kinda quick. I never called Dallas, but I probably should have.<br>
Old 12-31-1998, 12:34 PM
rick c

I purchased a 1998 2.8qms from Park Place for 5% over invoice. I got the same story about the demand being very great, but after walking away a few times and letting them know that I was talking to other dealers I feel like I got a good deal. Their service is excellent and they're closer to me than Central (the other Audi dealer in Dallas) so I'm happy I bought from them
Old 12-31-1998, 06:35 PM
Darryl W

Default I use Park Place . . .

And I wouldn't go anywhere else now. I know both Nathan and Robert (the sales guys on the floor) from talking with them when I'm in for service and checking out cars. Both are very knowledgeable about the A4, A6, and their competitors, and great to talk to about cars. They are generally quite honest about their comparisons, and sell you on the strengths of their cars. They (particularly Nathan) are the best car salesmen I have ever dealt with (and I have met very many by now), especially compared to the BMW snobs (with one exception) who will tell you their rwd is better than any awd or 4wd. Even the Park Place Merc salespeople are not as objective and willing to listen to what you are looking for in a car. I enjoy dealing with them. <p>Service at Park Place is absolutely wonderful. The Audi/Porsche service shop is in the same garage, and the mechanics are easy to talk to, good (as far as I can tell), and just plain nice guys, too. The service manager (David) listens to every minor detail with a big smile on his face, and goes over everything in a very friendly and professional manner - he makes sure the car is operating to your specifications (and Audi's of course). Awesome here, too.<p>Park Place Audi is the largest volume Audi dealership in the region (however big that is - prob includes Houston), and they have a lot of cars. I was there today, and they have a Pelican blue and volcano black (which is slick - looks dark grey) on the show floor, four in the back, and at least 6 or 8 more in their garage. Also have about 10 or so A6's of various flavors. <p>Finally, price. I asked Nathan for his best price, and I needed the car quicker than I had thought, and he offered me about 5.5 % _over invoice_ (don't know what that is under MSRP). I know I could have brought him down a bit if I really tried, and I know that is only a little better than average, but all things considered, I was happy to give them this price, since the service is so excellent at PP. I feel like I definately got a good deal for the money.<p>The details: 98.5 1.8T, quattro, manual, sport package, convenience pkg (sunroof & remote), Bose, trip computer, Santorin Blue mica paint (extra in 98, free in 99), opal grey leatherette . MSRP: $29,750, I paid $28,000, and got a car bra thrown in ($120 value). Nathan even offered to switch out the leatheretted for the cloth seats in another car _no charge_ if that's what it would take to sell me the car - not by midnight that day, or whatever, but when I wanted it. <p>Good deal for me. I highly recommend Park Place. These guys deserve to be rewarded with business for their high character. <p>Darryl<br>98.5 1.8T qms
Old 01-01-1999, 11:53 AM
Bonnie

Default I'd Be Glad To Tell You the Pros and Cons of Both

I test drove only the 1.8 A4, not the 2.8 without the sports suspension, as they did not have one with it. I also test drove the 323 without sports suspension. <p>When I test drove the Audi, after testing several other cars, including the Acura 3.2TL, the Accord V6 and the Passat V6, I was literally blown away by the Audi, and that was without the sports suspension. I felt for the money I would be getting more with the Passat, a V6, wood, etc., but the experience of driving the Audi with Quattro was awesome. There were a few points on the Audi (I guess coming from Japanese cars), that were a little niggling. One being that there was no door lock on the passenger's side, the cruise control was confusing being on the stalk right next to the turn signals, the power window controls were in an awkward place, and the center dash seemed a bit confusing. I also didn't like that you needed to open the driver's side lock to get gas (the gas cover didn't open, the attendant had to play with it), and the trunk opens the same way. I know there were a few other minor things, but I loved it.<p>On the other hand, the 323 was more ergonomically correct according to my tastes, and there were no niggling things in the interior. In fact, the interior was really nice, I felt nicer than the Audi. The 323, I felt didn't corner as well, nor hug the road as well (maybe due to the Quattro in the Audi), and didn't have the quickness off the line as the Audi, although on paper the 323 should be faster. As the poster above mentioned, the salesman insisted RWD with traction control was better than FWD with Quattro, but I disagree. I was not at all enthused on my test drive with the 323. In fact, I was a bit disappointed, as I have never driven a BMW and thought the drive was anticlimatic. Both test drives with the Audi and BMW went through twisties and were pretty long. I felt I had the chance to really compare the two. I think it comes down to individual taste. I will test drive the 2.8 Audi before I make any decision, but I don't think the BMW is in the equation any more.<p>I guess it is really a subjective thing. It's what really gets your blood flowing. I also think the Audi has a major advantage with the Quattro, whether you live in snow country or not. Grant the BMW was a little larger with more backseat room, but I still liked the Audi better. I would probably be happier with the BMW interior, but everything was extra, and the cost with the extras raised the price into the 2.8 Audi category, and I am sure if I liked the 1.8 so much, that when I test drive the 2.8, the 323 wouldn't have a chance!<p>As for all of your other answers about Park Place Motors, I spoke with them, as well as Central, and Central was obnoxious and wouldn't budge off $500 off MSRP, whereas Park Place was very nice and seemed negotiable. Thanks for your input.<br>
Old 01-01-1999, 03:14 PM
Luke

Default My .02 to Pros and Cons of Both

My wife and I went to Central first, but couldn't get any service despite being there for more than 45 minutes! This almost put us off buying an Audi, and we seriously started looking at the BMW 3 series. We loved everything about the BMW, but felt that it had a floaty ride - the sports package wasn't available then, and the prices of the options (can you imagine paying $500 for "optional" fold down seats?). We test drove a 328 but weren't too impressed with the handling in the wet even with standard traction control. The rear horrified us when it fishtailed during normal cornering at 30mph. When we found out about Park Place, we set out to try our luck again with another dealership, and fell in love with the Quattro. It corners like a dream! Service at Park Place was excellent, very professional, and prices definitely haggle-free. The new Silver addition to our family will be arriving March/April '99!!<p>Future 1.8TQMS<p>
Old 01-01-1999, 03:55 PM
DS

Park Place has exceeded everyone of my expectations, and is a true joy to work with so far. Service is not even in the same genre as "car dealerships." It is more in synch with customer focused boutique type of shopping without the snobiness. <p>It is refreshing and wonderful to find a dealership that recognizes the power of providing a likable car experience. The auto you buy is not the only thing you are buying, it is the relationship with the dealership as well.<p>The service at PP has been excellent as well. Somehow, lost all my carpet pegs. David G. at PP replaced all four, complimentary. This simple $12 comp., will earn my service business for years.<p>Thank you PP!!<p>(NO relation, etc. Only think that a great business should be rewarded, and bad business eradicated.)<p>DS<br>98 2.8 Q
Old 01-01-1999, 07:51 PM
Amro

$1500 under MSRP. Email me if you want more info