A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Pricing help for 2001.5 A4

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2009, 10:41 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pricing help for 2001.5 A4

Hi. I don't come on here too often as the A4 is my wife's, but I'm looking for a little help on pricing her car. She's looking to move on to something a little bigger as we have a new baby. Here are the details.

2001.5 A4 1.8T w/Sport & Premium Pkg
95,XXX miles
Silver/Dark Blue leatherette int.
Overall good condition, a few minor dings/scratches

I'll give you the bad first:
- CEL is on for the SAI pump. I just got it smogged, so it doesn't need to be attended to immediately (or ever), but it's on.
- Heater isn't working. It stopped about a month ago. It did this about a year ago and I flushed the heater core. Maybe it needs it again???
- The rearview and the driver's side mirror are blurred from the goo they use to dim them.
- There is a very slight buzzing coming from the Climate Control Unit. Sounds like a dusty fan maybe. I haven't taken it apart to investigate because I don't really care.
- The MID display in the dash has some pixels out.
- There's a small repair to the driver's seat that's right in the middle about the size of a pencil eraser. The colored coat has worn off of it, so it's white right now. Could be easily repaired.

Now the good:
- New tires (Kumho Ecsta ASX) within the past ~5k miles
- New alternator within the past ~1K miles
- New steering rack within the past ~3k miles
- New top end about 40K miles ago due to timing belt failure
- I have a binder with tons of records (but nothing from before we bought it in '03)

Overall it's a strong car, the only thing it might need is shocks at some point. Any ideas at a price? I was thinking about $4-5K. We're going to the dealer tomorrow to see what they'll offer us for it (I'm guessing $1500). THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!
Old 12-11-2009, 03:14 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Going to be tough to sell a car without heat. If it's the heatcore, that's a major replacement.

Your price seems on the upper end. But you just never know, have to put it out there and see.

Your best bet might be the dealer, lower stress not having to show car to random people. Really up to you.

-Jaime
Old 12-11-2009, 06:38 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Gjaime
Going to be tough to sell a car without heat. If it's the heatcore, that's a major replacement.

Your price seems on the upper end. But you just never know, have to put it out there and see.

Your best bet might be the dealer, lower stress not having to show car to random people. Really up to you.

-Jaime
Thanks for the reply Jaime. Living in Socal, the heater isn't useful that often (aside from this week). I'm pretty sure it is the heater core. Like I said, I flushed it last year and it started working again. I just don't feel like doing it again.

I have NO IDEA on price. What do you think would be an appropriate price? I don't really trust KBB values as they are notoriously low on some cars (air-cooled Porsches), and high on others.

I think the dealer is probably the way to go, as new baby = no time for tire kickers. Plus, there's not room in the driveway for 4 cars right now!!!

Mike.
Old 12-11-2009, 08:43 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

youre price doesnt sound too high, as long as there arent a lot of repairs needed..
Old 12-14-2009, 11:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by gonzilla
Thanks for the reply Jaime. Living in Socal, the heater isn't useful that often (aside from this week). I'm pretty sure it is the heater core. Like I said, I flushed it last year and it started working again. I just don't feel like doing it again.

I have NO IDEA on price. What do you think would be an appropriate price? I don't really trust KBB values as they are notoriously low on some cars (air-cooled Porsches), and high on others.

I think the dealer is probably the way to go, as new baby = no time for tire kickers. Plus, there's not room in the driveway for 4 cars right now!!!

Mike.

Try edmunds.com to appraise your Audi. But don't be surprised if it comes up with much less than what you are thinking.

http://www.edmunds.com/tmv/used/index.html