A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

quattro GmbH (custom audis) (mid)

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-1999, 09:11 PM
Derek Daily

Default quattro GmbH (custom audis) (mid)

Well...<p>Kinda figured very few people read posts more than a day old...no one responded to a similar post a few weeks ago...I'll try to spark a thread again. I noticed the post wrt the RS4 "project." And there were a few questions regarding quattro GmbH. The BEST thing you could do is call Audi of America and ask about the "Individual quattro GmbH models." After the protracted silence, ask the person if there is anyone at AoA you can talk to about this "custom" service available elsewhere in the world? Good luck...<p>We have to get the word out to AoA that the "Yankees" would like more options.<p>quattro GmbH is an official branch of Audi AG. They began offering their services witht he introduction of the S6+ models (4.2l V8 ~340hp 0-60 5.5) They offer simple modifications such as ECU chipping or trim panels. All the way to custom paint matching (your favorite nail polish?) and drivelines. Of course, much of this stuff is EXTREMELY expensive and would never work with US EPA/DOT OBD, etc ad infinitum restrictions. But much of this stuff can be aesthetic and would be great to have available here for those of us looking to make our cars unique.<p>For example, I deeply wanted an A4 Avant Individual at Ingolstadt this summer. Nogaro Blue, 1.8tq w/ chip, exhaust mods, six-speed tranny, black / black w/ bluepinstriping cloth sport seats (similar to old quattro logo cloth if you're familiar in the 4000q), custom big wheels, xenons, and lightly tinted glass all around. Pretty much THE perfect car for me right now.<p>quattro GmbH parts are also available through your friendly European audi dealer....but good luck getting access (yes, this is a challenge for those of you with connections. I'm hoping someone can help.) You CAN get a very general brochure from Audi AG if you ask kindly. Has neat stuff like color options, perforated Alcantera seating, buffalo leather sport seats, onyx dash trim (yes..looks to be real onyx).<p>Also at the factory during this visit. An A3 2.8q entirely in red...down to dials, flooring, leather seating, tailights and dash trim. This at a time when neither the 2.8 or q were available. (My understanding is that the 2.8 is still not? S3 sports tweaked 1.8t).<p>Keep asking your dealer and AoA, maybe someone will get the word... If so, do let me know.<p>Derek Daily<br>90 CQ<br>86.5 VW Qtm Syncro
Old 03-24-1999, 11:00 PM
DD

Default Re: quattro GmbH (custom audis) (mid)

I've been trying for ages to either get a whole car modified by Quattro GMBH or at least import some of the parts...no luck. <br>
Old 03-25-1999, 05:01 AM
Andy Hedin

Wow...thanks for this information
Old 03-25-1999, 07:23 AM
E

I spoke to AOA and AudiAG a year ago with no luck
Old 03-25-1999, 12:10 PM
Rich D.

Default Add me to the ranks of the frustrated (I want those light-grey gauges!!)....

I e-mailed AoA asking for info, and the e-mail I got back said something like "We're sorry to hear about this difficult experience. Please contact Client Relations to discuss this issue..."<p>I don't think my e-mail was actually read by a human being.<p>Rich D.
Old 03-25-1999, 12:42 PM
AndrewT

Default Hey, me too! I emailed them asking something...

...and they said something like "please contact the emplyoment office for more information." Not too nice...<p>-andrewt
Old 03-25-1999, 03:16 PM
Noel

Default I sent AoA an email today........

Jerry responded and said that the GmbH stuff is only available in Europe. They haven't decided whether or not to bring it to the States yet.<p>When my S4 arrives (which Jerry confirmed in the Fall), a trip to Ingolstadt may be in order.<p>Noel<br>S4 in waiting
Old 03-25-1999, 04:35 PM
Frustrated

I asked for a brochure, with no luck ... is anybody out there listening???
Old 03-27-1999, 12:07 PM
Kirk

YES, I definitely want access to Quattro GmbH accessories...nt