A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Road Trip in "New to me" A4... (long)

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-1999, 08:33 PM
BrianMD

Default Road Trip in "New to me" A4... (long)

If anyone is interested (or considering getting an A4) here are my impressions...<p>Background... Was actually looking at another car (Acura, Ack!), when I saw the A4 and I was hooked. '97 A4 w/ 27k Silver. I have clocked in 600+ miles in 5 days here are my impressions... I thought used would be good since I'm sorta killing time until the S4. (hopefully)<p>- The car is incredible! Everything, the layout the controls are great. (cupholders are iffy but work, just leave the big-gulp home) <p>- The car is snappy, and I haven't chipped it yet. With the A/C it loses a bit, but is still fun. After the APR upgrade, I will be very happy.<p>- I find myself taking the long way, I read people talking about this but laughed. Now I find myself going out of my way on the way home, just for a few more minutes.<p>- Passing is fun, and some of the people who roll up at red-lights to "race" crack me up. I try not to recklessy race, but sometimes you just have to gun it and it has not let me down yet. <p>- Car did GREAT in the heat, 100+ and the temps when barely above "norm" w/ AC on. A/C kept the car cold, but not freezing but it was 100+ too, my home A/C was struggling.<p>- Steering and Braking are great, very sensitive but I prefer this. You really feel "in-control" behind the wheel and never second guess the car's ability in a turn.<p>- The dash looks so cool at night...<p>- Lasty, it has "looks". Many people can't believe it's a '97 it's immaculate. But more then that, the A4 just looks good. I had comments from all my neighbors on how beutiful it was and asking about it. <p>Anyway, to sum up I'm hooked and really like this car!! I have driven alot of cars; personally owned or when travelling rented and nothing drives like this - incredible!<p>Thanks, to everyone on this board who helped during my descision to go for it or not. This site is packed with great information, now when anyone asks about the car I just respond "www.a4.org"<p>Brian<p><br>