A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

So the racetec is in and adapted, as far as I can tell.

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2004, 07:11 PM
Elder Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So the racetec is in and adapted, as far as I can tell.

I've got a 01.5 qmsc 1.8t. I've gone as far as APR stage II. So, in preparation for stage III+ I decided to get an intercooler. I got the Racetec. Well, earlier I posted as how it was good and fine, but didn't really provide sufficient differences from the stock set up to really jump and scream about. Well, minus the actual jumping and screaming, i find this to be nothing short of sensational. Really. I mean, this is what cars are supposed to be about , some sort of real value. Well I know from experience that this car is not "fast". I mean, I have a "fast" car, but the value per dollar ratio on the FMIC is really high, even on a K03. It's almost like the little snail never gets tired. Before it was a few minutes of pleasure, followed by a bunch of heat soak. Now it's the way it's supposed to be. It's almost enough to make me suggest that it should be mandatory for stage II cars. But enough of this crap. Seriously big hit.
Old 04-01-2004, 07:20 PM

Default so what you mean is

no real improvement, but now it just does what the stock was designed to do, but correctly?
Old 04-01-2004, 07:25 PM
AudiWorld Super User

exactly how i felt with mine.
Old 04-01-2004, 07:30 PM

Default I wonder if there is a kit that actually exceeds stock IC, instead of maintaining it ?

DUH's kit has great appeal, except one thing, you need a larger bumper (S4 or larger) which means you would need to paint it, and unless you have a black car (like Paul 858's) it looks stupid without sides, and rear IMO, so basically you are stuck getting a full body kit and an IC, for 2K plus. Just not sure the gains of the IC are worth the investment.
Old 04-01-2004, 07:32 PM

Old 04-01-2004, 07:33 PM

Old 04-01-2004, 07:39 PM

Default this is true, however...

certain designs allow for better IC efficiency. From what I gathered from his post, there was really no gain, just the ability to maintain the efficiecy of the stock one.
Old 04-01-2004, 07:52 PM
Elder Member

Default Look, I just got back from a drive...

Here's what I have to say. I bought the Racetec to maintain the stock front bumper. No real mystery there. But from what I just experienced, I can tell you that what you get is a steady stream of power. No more of this little boost followed by heat soak bs. This little, ugly thing, is the real deal, and it does exactly what it was meant to do. I cannot sit here and suggest that it is the best solution to every single person's issues, but I can say that it's at least like letting the chip do what it's supposed to do. Looking back, without the FMIC, the chip was giving me 60% of what I paid for. Together they actually make a valuable difference. If you were to ask me if I thought the thing was worth it, I have to say absolutly. I would not tell you it's as big of a night and day difference from stock to chipped, but it's as close to that as I can find words for right now. And for ~$800, it's really worth pinching pennies for. And believe me, I try not to hype crap up too much. There is no hype here. Just facts.
Old 04-01-2004, 07:54 PM

thanks.
Old 04-01-2004, 07:58 PM
Elder Member

Default Yeah,

If you are going to get one, and don't want to have all the bodykit drama to deal with, this is the way to go. Easy install (from Yippers), hidden away behind a stock bumper, and lets you keep boosting with real effect. That's what is important to me.

Quick Reply: So the racetec is in and adapted, as far as I can tell.