A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Sometimes I'm envious of people who don't give a rat's ass about their car.......

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2002, 02:58 PM
Elder Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Sometimes I'm envious of people who don't give a rat's *** about their car.......

Today I noticed a long scrape going down the entire length of my car from someone dragging a trash can past it. Not a big deal, I should be able to buff it out (just a scuff really), but it still pissed me off so fricking much.

Why? Because I'm way too into my car. I've put so much time, money, and love into it that when **** like this happens it just ruins my day.

Some days I wish I just had a modest little Toyota Corolla and a lot more money in my bank account. Something that was inexpensive, reliable and didn't give me **** seizures every time I see a little scratch or ding.

Today as I was looking in dismay at what happened to my car, I looked over at this other guy's car who shares the lot: an un-modded happy-as-a-clam mid-nineties civic. It's got a cracked tail light, tons of little scratches, and hasn't been washed in years. And I'm sure it runs like new. That dude has zero car stress. Sometimes I envy him.

Anyone else feel this way sometimes?

Now I think I need to go for a nice spirited drive in my dope car to wipe away these blasphemous thoughts.
Old 11-03-2002, 03:01 PM
Elder Member

Default he probably worried about it when it first happened but slowly realized...

it's only a car.
Old 11-03-2002, 03:02 PM
Elder Member

or did he realize....."it's only a civic, boy am I glad I didn't get a $30,000 car"
Old 11-03-2002, 03:05 PM
Head Cat Herder

Received 85 Likes on 48 Posts
Default That's why I sold my Corrado...

I wanted a car that I could just get in and drive.
Old 11-03-2002, 03:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I agree . . . sometimes . . . which is why i'd like to buy a beater . . .

I like to go fishing but I don't dare put my canoe on top of my car. My buddy drives a piece of crap and we just throw the canoe on top of his car without thinking twice. I also always worry about where I park my car. My friends think i'm crazy since I always park where there are no cars around. But everytime i get in my car i know it's worth it!
Old 11-03-2002, 03:15 PM

Default even when I had a beater I cared way too much about it. My last car was a Isuzu Rodeo

w/ over 100,000 miles. I used to beat the crap out of it and it kept on running... but I also modded it (rims, fender flares, tint, custom intake, etc) and washed/waxed it religiously. I was on the Rodeo forum (suv.com) pretty regularly as well. I think its more of a mindset than what car your driving. I know plenty of people with really nice cars that don't give a **** about it.
Old 11-03-2002, 03:18 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default not me man.. i think people who can afford to fix a scratch or a broken headlight on a car but don't

are ghetto. May not be important to them but it's a bad image, and image is important in everyones life at one point or another.
Old 11-03-2002, 03:21 PM

Default I know exactly how you feel.

I live in a apartment complex so I naturally park away from other cars. Until one day I parked a little closer and this idiot with a Toyota who had a choice of three empty spaces decides to park next to me. Not only that but he backs in so the driver door side can hit my car. So I go out there the next morning and sure enough I see the damage he did. It is not a bad dent, the light has to be just right to see it, but I know its there. It drives me nuts everytime I see it. So now I am looking into paintless dent repair.

That day I wanted to key his car so bad! It took everything I had not to key it.

Sometimes (when I am not driving) I wish I had a beater.
Old 11-03-2002, 03:23 PM
RKA
AudiWorld Uber User

Default Get a beater! That's the way to go!

I tool around in a POS during the week, and while I get no enjoyment out of driving it, I have no pains either. The Audi is parked safely out of harms way, and I can enjoy it on the weekends.

If I need to take a trip to the mall, movie theater, airport or NJ, I take the beater. No worries! Happy as a clam! :-)
Old 11-03-2002, 03:26 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Sometimes I wish I was still driving my old '82 Celica.

Quick Reply: Sometimes I'm envious of people who don't give a rat's ass about their car.......