A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

too all you carfax nazi's in here

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2004, 05:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default too all you carfax ****'s in here

what do you say to someone who needs carfax, but can't sign up for carfax after their first "unlimited" run is done??

i.e. i bought it a few months ago, used it, and now, i want to buy it again, but it won't let me do the unlimited one again...i have to buy seperate reports now....or wait 6months...
Old 04-06-2004, 05:56 AM

Default can't you use a different credit card?

or possibly give a friend the $20 and sign up in their name w/ their credit card (let them type it in if they want) . Carfax is a PITA by doing that but there are always ways around it.

Good luck : )
Old 04-06-2004, 06:05 AM

Default i tried diff. credit card etc....to no avail- ended up just getting a free check from someone

i'm just making a point with those carfax ****'s on the board. i mean, doing the credit card thing with a bud would be considered fraud ..i am cheating the system after all....and oh no, if the carfax ****'s get mad at people for a simple "misuse" of the system, then i wonder what these ***** would do to "faudulent" activity on carfax...

oh lawd! *note sarcasm- but not aimed at you- unless you're carfax **** too*
Old 04-06-2004, 06:16 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I just used a different email. no problem.
Old 04-06-2004, 06:19 AM

Default I'm not a fan of carfax...

I'd much rather get the VIN and call the dealership for a # of previous owners. If there was prior damage carfax typically does not list it so your usually stuck finding it on your own. Honestly what good is carfax?

When I was car shopping for my Jeep a few years back I was crazy about carfax, got the unlimted one and ran every car I even thought about. I even got a hold put on my carfax account because I used it too much and they needed proof that I wasn't a dealer or selling the entry password, sorry carfax ****'s I was attempting to be informed about my purchase.

I hate to share it but am not worried about the resale of my Jeep but its been in 3 accidents, 2 insurance claims on it (none my fault...) No odometer fraud and some meticulous bodyshops doing their magic. The carfax report is spotless for the thing and as an honest person I would disclose the information to a potential buyer (if I dont' trade the darn thing in) and point out how well the repair/replacement of parts was done.

While shopping for A4's this past summer I was pleased to be handed a clean carfax printout for a white 99 A4 and then be shown by the salesman which areas on the car have been repainted (he pointed out the tape line in the door jams and underhood).

In short... f-carfax, I will never use them again

(yea I'm bored in class)
Old 04-06-2004, 06:23 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default carfax is a tool. Like any tool you need to know its limits.

I was able to avoid a Mercedes that had odometer fraud of over 100,000 mile discrepancy. That was worth the price of admission. However, anybody who views a clean carfax report as a reason to skip a thourough inspection is in for trouble
Old 04-06-2004, 06:31 AM

Default but once again- it's still defrauding the system...which is the lesser of two evils

just misusing it once or twice, or defrauding the system that carfax has in place...
Old 04-06-2004, 06:36 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I'll go for the "defrauding the system". Carfax still gets their $$$ & I don't see the stupid

*** posts on this forum of people begging to have a VIN run.
Old 04-06-2004, 06:37 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Use another email account
Old 04-06-2004, 06:47 AM

lol. though i don't agree...ur statement is teh funny

Quick Reply: too all you carfax nazi's in here