Water spill caused seat to surge forward and I can't get it to adjust back to normal - AudiWorld Forums

Go Back  AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi A4 > A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion
Reload this Page >

Water spill caused seat to surge forward and I can't get it to adjust back to normal

Notices
A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Water spill caused seat to surge forward and I can't get it to adjust back to normal

Old 09-12-2017, 11:00 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Water spill caused seat to surge forward and I can't get it to adjust back to normal

I foolishly split a large container of water on the front seat . The drivers seat become erratic and ended up in a very forward position. I attempted to revert back to the norm , however the forward / backward adjustment just raised the seat , but wouldn't adjust backwards . The Lumber support and other adjustments work OK.

The passenger seat has fully functionality .

When I open the door the Hazard warning interior indicator glows steadily .

The door remote 'clicks' , but does not activate the locking of the door .

I thought it may be the Comfort Control Module under the seat and possibly effected by the water spill , however considering the passenger seat works as normal , maybe not.

Any ideas folks?
Old 09-12-2017, 11:07 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Reply to my own post , unsure how to edit .

My vehicle is a Audi A4 B6 Cabriolet.
Old 09-13-2017, 07:51 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

What have you done to remove the water? I would concentrate on getting it all out and quick. Have you removed the carpet? At the very least, disconnect the battery, open the doors and set up a large fan blowing through.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: