A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Who can beat Dec. 1 '98? (more)

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-1999, 02:18 PM
Bob.1

Default Who can beat Dec. 1 '98? (more)

Still haven't received delivery on a straight forward order... no complications or special circumstances. Curious who has waited longer?
Old 05-14-1999, 03:27 PM
Bob.1

Default ANGRY! Must Vent...

Well, I called my Audi salesman who promised me that the A4 I ordered on Dec. 1 '98 would be here this week. I've now been told May 26! THAT'S 6 MONTHS!!! I'm furious! It has been in Houston since the 1st! They've supposedly "hot hatted" it but I think that's just a line... "hot hatting" for a 4 week delivery from port to dealer? Sure.
Old 05-14-1999, 04:15 PM
bernie

Default Can't beat you (yet)...more

Ordered my 1.8TQ Avant on 12/7/98. I was told today that my car was produced this week. I should then expect 5-6 weeks for shipment, right?<p>I have been a regular customer of AoA and my dealership recently, trying to get my car, or any info about it.<p>I do think it is inexcusable that a near-luxury brand can have my money for so long, and not even know when they will build my car, or even what the holdup might be. Since they now have built my car, I'm going to see what they are offering to try to make up for such treatment. I told them this week that if I was not an enthusiast of the brand, I would have surely cancelled my order long ago...<p>>>>>>Bernie<br>158 days, car now exists...
Old 05-14-1999, 04:31 PM
Peter Finch

Default My record falls...

Ordered a 97 A4 on 11-Dec-96 and received it 12-May-97. Just celebrated the 2 two-year birthday!
Old 05-14-1999, 04:38 PM
Mark

Default Attn. A4 Kid, did you ever get you car? Wasn't it "hot hatted" too?

nt
Old 05-14-1999, 05:06 PM
Philip M

Default Can't believe you still don't have it. Think I'd still be waiting for mine (what I did ..)

After the story of where the car was kept changing, I decided to forget the order and called around. Told me dealer where there was the exact car we wanted and he arranged a trade. It's nuts that I had to do the legwork myself, but I wanted the car and no longer trusted Audi's delivery tracking or inventory locating system. <p>Had my car the same week.<p>It's beautiful - whichever route you go, you will enjoy it when it arrives.
Old 05-14-1999, 05:21 PM
Oxide

Default Re: Who can beat Dec. 1 '98? (more)

Think I can beat that, ordered my yellow A4 1.8T Avant on 11/14/98, still no word on production date, just that it has been confirmed by the manufacturere "c" status I believe. Any longer wait, and it will be a 2000 model.
Old 05-14-1999, 05:39 PM
The A4 Kid

Default Re: Attn. A4 Kid, did you ever get you car? Wasn't it "hot hatted" too?

Yes, my car was "hot-hatted", and it apparently worked. Bob.1's car was on the same boat as mine. I took delivery today, and, as he said, his is scheduled for the 26. It is really sad that they gave him a line about hot hatting, because that is obviously a line. For those of you still waiting, it's been said before, but the wait is worth it. I have been driving all day! Even without the sport susp., the car handles so well it's unbelievable. I will post more later, but I have to meet some people for dinner. Hang in there everyone! You won't regret it once you get it! Good luck to all.<p>Bryan<br>1.8tQM<br>no longer on order!!! :*)
Old 05-14-1999, 06:50 PM
Dan H.

Default Re: Who can beat Dec. 1 '98? (more)

I ordered my '97 1.8T Quattro on March 15, 1997, and took delivery September 11.<p>Great car, and worth the wait, by the way!<p>Dan H.<br>1.8TQMS chipped
Old 05-14-1999, 09:40 PM
Bob.1

Default I'm contemplating what action to take to make my displeasure known...

My salesman wrote "90+ days not to exceed 120 as of Dec. 15, '98." (Dec. 15 was their allocation date even though I ordered it on the 1st.)<p>I would think that when the 120 day limit elapsed, bells, whistles and red flags would go off and an extraordinary effort would be made to satisfy their promise. If my word and reputation were at stake, I would be looking for a match from other dealer stock and at least offer a near match if no exact match could be found. I would want my client to know that I was making an honest effort to keep my word. Certainly Audi should prioritize cars with the earliest order dates over those ordered later.<p>This weekend, I plan to call other dealerships to see if there are any matches. For my dealer's sake, they better hope I don't find one! They'll have one pissed consumer on their hands...

Quick Reply: Who can beat Dec. 1 '98? (more)