A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

2004 Audi a4 1.8t 6speed manual w/clutch frontal damage assessment.

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2023, 07:55 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 Audi a4 1.8t 6speed manual w/clutch frontal damage assessment.

First off I'm willing to take pictures/ give as detailed and accurate of a description as I possibly can. I'm looking for advice on what to look for on my a4.
I was hit head on yesterday. My engine was off, car was in gear (1st to be specific), e-brake up, and possibly foot on the brake, at about 20-30 mph/32-48 kph. The car doesn't stay stationary in gear anymore, but does stay stationary with the e-brake applied. I'm certain the front driver side (American standard) CV axle is completely snapped, but the rest seem to be in working order. (Honestly waiting on insurance to total it before I take it apart) The I/C and radiator are folded in. I can visually see damage to the power steering pully. The serpentine belt is all weird and wonky looking. I basically need a front clip at the very least regarding the front end. There's also some (minor looking) damage visible to the timing cover. The hood is obviously damaged beyond repair, however the fenders are VISUALLY undamaged, and all doors open fine. No airbags were deployed as the keys were not in the ignition.
I ultimately have a plan to somewhat rebuild the car as a non street legal racecar of sorts. (Unsure if I'm going off-road route or track route as of this time) Now I must say I have literally no experience on body work, but intend to mostly with the help of YouTube and forums figure this out through trial and error.
My questions to you guys are:
1) What are some things to look out for specifically regarding the drivetrain and damage to timing cover?
2) What are some upgrade paths I can take? Since I'll be pulling the entire front end, probably will do a suspension overhaul, and I'm likely to pull the engine as well.
3) What type of tuning software should I look into for it?
4) Anyone have recommendations on videos and forums to search?

P.S
I must also note I'm likely to (at least) look outside of Audi regarding suspension over haul.