A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

Anyone ever have problems getting Audi's diag. computers to connect to their car? (long)

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2005, 05:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone ever have problems getting Audi's diag. computers to connect to their car? (long)

I went to my dealership today to get an engine coolant sensor replaced. The dealership's diag. computers couldn't connect to my ECU...I told them i was chipped...and they said they'd done a ton of REVO cars and had never seen this error. I'm not sure exactly of the error, but they wouldn't do the repair under warranty as they need a diag. printout in order to get reimbursed... so I told them I'd just do it myself. Pro-diag connects fine and shows fault codes...however when i try to clear the codes I get a "Protocol Error 8005". Now...when I first went to try to get an APR flash, they couldn't do the flash for whatever reason (the ECU wouldn't "take" the flash...then i went to get REVO, and they couldn't do the flash either, so we pulled the ECU and did it on the bench and the flash worked. So...I don't think this is a chip problem, as there were issues before the chip...

Has anyone had this issue or know what may be the cause? Basically if the dealer can't connect...my warranty for issues needed a diag. code is gone...only 9 months left on it, but nonetheless...

Thanks in advance...install write-up of B6 1.8T engine coolant sensor replacement (G62) to follow in the next day or so.
Old 03-11-2005, 06:22 PM

Default Sorry to hear, you should have fixed the ECU problem BEFORE you chipped, now it's hard to prove (M)

that the ECU crapped out on you BEFORE you did the chipping.

Hmmm... best bet if you really run out of options is to unchip it, go to another dealship and tell them to warranty it for you. or else you'll be stuck with a really great car but worth very little.
Old 03-11-2005, 06:30 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Sounds like you have bad EEPROM, but I would ask Shade Tree Software what the "8005" error means

because it sounds like a error code specifically defined by the Pro-diag software.