A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

Check engine light woes...

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2002, 01:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Check engine light woes...

Make sure you document the problem. If the problem persists more than 3 times you could get a new car under the lemon law. I'm not an expert when it comes to the lemon law but it is an option for you if the dealer is giving you sh*t.
Old 08-01-2002, 05:52 PM

Default The 3.0 has variable intake and exhaust cams

They are controlled by sprockets on the front of the cam that use oil pressure to move them back and forth (varying the timing) depending on the RPM the engine is running. Would need an experienced Audi tech to make the correct diagnosis but you would think they would check/replace this assembly on the intake cams and quit screwing around with oil viscosity and resetting the fault log.. If you can find another dealer in your area it might be worth a second opinion.
Old 08-01-2002, 06:01 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Here's my story...

Just got a check from Audi and completed the repurchase this morning.

Some of you may remember my previous posts, basically, the check engine light came on three times in 3 months:

First time: replaced cam shaft adjuster
Second time: Changed oil (synthetic)
Third time: had the car in the shop for 18 days, upgraded the software on the ecu...didn't fix it...replaced the ecu...didn't fix it (still having misfires. Not sure what else they did, but they gave me the car back.

I spoke to AoA about getting a replacement since the car had now been in the shop for 34 days and that it falls within the lemon law. They said no, they will repair it per the warranty. i called a lawyer, 6 days later Audi offered to repurchase, paid me back every penny, paid back the loan and paid the lawyer.

Aoa could have avoided all this (at least lawyer fees) had they given me a new car. Also they would have kept me as a customer.

Anyway, I'm still thinking of getting an '03, Cause the car was great when it was not in the shop. If anyone wants the name of the law firm(they have a 14 year relationship with Audi) send me an email.

Good luck!