A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

Engine start blocked by immobilizer P1570

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2015, 02:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine start blocked by immobilizer P1570

Could someone please help me understand where to look for the error:
Engine start blocked by immobolizer P1570.

Car does not start, no other error codes recorded. Ross tech of vag com says NOT really immobilizer if car does not start check something else.

Any ideas where to start? I will be disconnecting and reconnecting battery to see if that does anything but any other ideas welcomed.

Thanks
Old 12-11-2015, 05:23 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 35 Likes on 35 Posts

Mine was a the key itself. In my case, I had a spare key and cost about $250, but if you no key, it has to be done by the dealer and is expensive...
Old 12-11-2015, 06:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by lyleswk
Mine was a the key itself. In my case, I had a spare key and cost about $250, but if you no key, it has to be done by the dealer and is expensive...
Thanks Lyleswk. I have three keys. 1 flip/fob key, 1 spare key (no fob) and 1 valet key(i think it is). I tried to start the car with all 3 keys and still didn't work. What specifically do they need to do with the key and I am now trying to figure out what caused the problem with the key. Did someone try and steal my vehicle unsuccessfully?

Thanks again for the quick response.
Old 12-11-2015, 09:31 AM
AudiWorld Super User

So they all stopped working at once? If so, it is probably your Comfort Module. That is what reads the keys. Only way to know is to get a VAGCOM scanner and read the codes from the Comfort Module.

Last edited by lyleswk; 12-11-2015 at 09:33 AM.
Old 12-11-2015, 11:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

So they all stopped working at once? If so, it is probably your Comfort Module. That is what reads the keys. Only way to know is to get a VAGCOM scanner and read the codes from the Comfort Module.
Well, the car just wouldn't start. I had an appointment, I was able to get to the appointment but after returning and starting the car it would start. All lights are working however(dash, headlight and radio). First thing I did was put a boost pack on the battery but that didn't do anything obviously. Then I had it scanned with vagcom (full autoscan) and only error I got was the P1570. The I thought, hmm must be a key thing from what I read so I tried the rest of the keys I had and nothing.

Ross tech says that if the car doesn't start then it must NOT be your immobilizer since I got an autoscan done I would imagine that would have found something in the comfort module so I am guessing it isn't that.

I am not even sure where to look here. What would I ask the dealer to do with the keys and what if it's not that

Sorry for all the questions..
Old 12-11-2015, 12:07 PM
AudiWorld Super User

You scanned with VAGCOM and specifically opened the comfort module?
Old 12-11-2015, 12:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

You scanned with VAGCOM and specifically opened the comfort module?
No, the way I understand it is they just did an autoscan. I you suggesting to open the comfort module in vagcom and scan inside of that module?

Thanks so much again.
Old 12-14-2015, 05:59 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Yes. Maybe someone else knows for sure, but don't think the autoscan scans everything.
Old 12-21-2015, 05:22 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Clear the code and try restarting it. if the code doesnt return thats not whats wrong. It should start, run for a few seconds, Die. Unless you tried that several times until it flooded out. Which if its cold outside thats possible. Also the yellow Immobilizer light would be blinking with the key on if it was seeing conflict with the immobilizer.
Old 12-31-2015, 06:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Prospeeder
Clear the code and try restarting it. if the code doesnt return thats not whats wrong. It should start, run for a few seconds, Die. Unless you tried that several times until it flooded out. Which if its cold outside thats possible. Also the yellow Immobilizer light would be blinking with the key on if it was seeing conflict with the immobilizer.

Lyleswk and Prospeeder, thanks for the info.

It turned out to be the starter. Starter was replaced and all is good.

On a side note, I am not sure if my audi model/year has the (blinking) yellow immobilizer light. Perhaps, this is because it isn't an immobilizer issue (despite the code).

Thanks again for all the help and Happy New Year.....