A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

EUROPEAN DELIVERY IS REAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2001, 01:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EUROPEAN DELIVERY IS REAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At least for BMW Buyers.

-------------------------------------------------
The BMW European Delivery Program makes it possible to combine the magic of exploring Europe with the thrill of driving your new Ultimate Driving Machine on some of the world's legendary roads -- roads that helped define your BMW's soul.

The comprehensive program simplifies all the details, from ordering your new BMW, delivery, insurance, planning your European vacation, and shipping to picking up your vehicle at your local BMW center.

Not only is this a unique experience few other imported luxury performance automobiles can offer, whether you lease or purchase your new BMW, the savings you realize by taking delivery in Europe may just pay for your trip.

European Delivery. The start of a love affair is only a few clicks away.

------------------------------------------------
To qualify for the BMW European Delivery Program, you must meet the following requirements:
1. Be at least 18 years of age with a valid driver's license.
2. Place your order through an authorized BMW center. Note: Z3, X5, M coupe, and M roadster models are not eligible for the European Delivery Program because BMW builds these vehicles at its Spartanburg, SC, plant.
3. You may keep your car in Europe up to 6 months after delivery (there is a 15% penalty tax if your car is not exported within the 6-month period). Cars leased through BMW Financial Services must be exported within 30 days, and cars financed through BMW Financial Services must be exported within 60 days.
4. Your new BMW is restricted to private use by tourists. Persons working in Europe on temporary or long-term assignments are not eligible for the special customs license plates issued under the European Delivery Program.

------------------------------------------------
This is located under:
> BMWUSA.com
> Enter Site
> Virtual Center
&gt; European Delivery<ul><li><a href="http://www.bmwusa.com/">http://www.bmwusa.com/</a</li></ul>
Old 11-06-2001, 01:14 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Re: EUROPEAN DELIVERY IS REAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a friend who has been doing this for years. They have a house in the French country-side and they go there twice a year. About every two years, he would pick up a new 7 series via European delivery and would have a brand new, exceptional car to drive around Europe while on vacation. Then, when they come home, they would have the car shipped out here. They even picked up their Z3 this way. It seemed like a really cool thing to me. Too bad I have yet to visit that side of the pond. However, I just may consider this when the new 6 series comes out...
Old 11-06-2001, 01:33 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default IT'S ALWAYS BEEN REAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

.. for BMW buyers. Where ya been? BMW's been doing this for years. Thanks for the misleading and irrelevant headlines.
Old 11-06-2001, 01:40 PM

is this program available to canadian buyers
Old 11-06-2001, 02:19 PM

Volvo does it too
Old 11-06-2001, 02:51 PM

Default Re: IT'S ALWAYS BEEN REAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, the last time I mentioned European Delivery on this forum, I became a target at a turkey shoot. Previously I tried to say that Mercedes had a European Delivery program back in the 80's, but everyone that replied slammed me for some reason. Well, I saw this while looking at BMW's site and thought I would provide some facts to back myself up.

BTW - Check out the new SMG option on the M3.
Old 11-06-2001, 02:54 PM

Sure.. My family have done that for years... Not for Audi though...
Old 11-06-2001, 05:57 PM

Default Re: is this program available to canadian buyers

European delivery is available for many years in Canada for Volvo, BMW and Mercedes. These are the only three I know of. I do know a lot about Volvo's program (TDS) since I almost bought a Volvo via TDS. Unfortunately (at least Volvo's TDS) pricing for Canada was not as good as it was for the US. If you add GST+PST(provincial)+import duty to the price, you are way better off buying from the dealer at MSRP. AFAIK guys is the US (in most states) are off the hook for import duty. (or Volvo Noth America pays it.) Not the case here in Canada. I still don't get it why would I have to pay both LOCAL sales tax AND IMPORT duty on the same purchase. Canadian laws Go figure... Volvo offered free trip for 2 to Gothenburg, a plant tour and a day on their own test track.
To make a long story short, if there's a similar program for Audi, probably it's not a big deal financially - at least not for us Canadians...

zxc1
Old 11-06-2001, 06:20 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I was considering it for a BMW...

I think I calculated a savings of about $2,000 off the regular price. I think the hard part is probably trying to convince your salesman to pass along the $2,000 savings to you. I've heard that Porsche and Mercedes don't offer a discounted price for their European Delivery customers. They charge the same price as they normally would in the states.<ul><li><a href="http://www.eurobuyers.com/">Here's a good site about BMW Euro Delivery w/ Invoices!</a></li></ul>
Old 11-06-2001, 07:16 PM

Default Dude... you work for BMW or something? This is like plugging Pepsi on a Coca-Cola forum! (more)

I would not put it past BMW of America Marketing folks to "plant" this on the Audi Forum.

In case you are a Bimmer marketing person (and the B.S. in Statistics comment supports that)... Does this mean you feel threatened by the 2002 A4?

Perhaps that Audi has risen the bar enough to take a bigger chunk out of 3-series sales figures?
(Bimmer adding more standard options being an indicator as well)

I'm fully aware of the BMW Euro Delivery program, an executive at my work just picked up his 330i from Munich... He just swapped Euro back plates for Cali plates... It's nice, especially if you have a chunk of cash just burning a hole in your wallet...

Man... like BMW needs to worry... 3-series cars are everywhere... They are so common place that they just blend in w/ the scenery now. They consistently outsell C-class Benz's and A4's also. Most major mass-market publishers just can't praise them enough (Edmunds, Car and Driver, etc.)

Of course, drop $46K (bone stock and before taxes, mind you) for the extremely backordered M3 and you'll break away from the scenery... But for the price and wait for admission, it better!

In case Audi is listening, can I take Euro delivery of the new S4 V8 coupe before it makes it to the US? Ok, how about an A2 for my commute to work? Okay, okay, how about that S3 for AutoCrossing???

Quick Reply: EUROPEAN DELIVERY IS REAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!