A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

Flywheel replacement cvt auto

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2020, 02:13 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flywheel replacement cvt auto

Audi a4 avant b6 cvt 1.9tdi 54 plate
I bought this car a short while ago
An intermittent rattle quickly developed from the engine initially thought to be a aux belt Tensioner and later diagnosed to be the flywheel and said simply don't waste anymore money on this car as it would be £1200 plus to fix the flywheel issues alone.
I'm summising from what I've read about these cvt autos is audi have to replace it with a better one developed to fix this problematic automatic box.
Its doesn't have any issues with the cvt I don't think as it drive good changes in semi well and when in full auto drives spot on pulls well no unwanted lights with PRNDS function on dash.
​​​​​​

Its a shame I loved the way this car drove was great and still if I honest drives good still now just is demonised by the intermittent rattle mainly when idle at lights etc
The car starts 1st time even when stood for a few weeks
Additionally the car leaks oil vapours from the egr breather holes seems to have lot of pressure under the oil filler cap which I purchased an egr from a breaker yard and the valve membrane in the head to try and prevent oil vapours escaping into the intake
Instead of spending money the car I bought another problem in the for of a 318i e90 which has its on issues.....
Scrap or hold onto it for emergency replacement car what's it worth??
should I sell as cheap runaround I had a vectra not long ago that had a knock on the flywheel for 1 year seemingly a lot worse than the audis slight rattle

Anyone want it?? Cars in newcastle
​​

​​​​
​​​