A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

Hello from track side...

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2005, 08:48 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello from track side...

Well I did it. I wanted to go back to the "strip" and tonight I did just that.

My main reason for going back was to see how the "technical problem" on my car which started a month ago and as been getting gradually worse and as yet to be resolved was affecting its performance. Now I'm told to be patient because they are so busy and that after May 22nd (I hope), things should be getting back to normal (so I'm told), then my replacement part should be available shortly after. We will see. What bothers me is that the replacement part may be problematic too. Who knows until someone as tested it on a car and given it a real go at it.

In any case back to the track. We got there very late from a KK meet. It was 10PM and the track closes at 11PM. I managed to get three runs in and I won't even talk about the last one here (too embarrassing).

Despite my technical problem which I'm sure leaves me down on power and I'm sure is increasing the turbo lag, at my first attempt I managed a not so good <b>1.9</b> seconds for the first 60 feet, <b>14.4</b> seconds for the 1/4 mile at <b>95</b> mph.

On my second attempt I screwed up. I got a <b>2.0</b> seconds for the first 60 feet; the 1/4 mile came in at <b>14.6</b> seconds at <b>96</b> mph.

Oh well, I hope to go back when the car is running properly. Meanwhile I'll be doing my first autocross of the season this coming Sunday with a sick car.

BTW, needless to say, my Dahlback manifold is still sitting in the basement waiting for the car to get fixed before we start testing with it.
Old 05-10-2005, 09:16 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what wrong with the car?