A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

HELP please, I need a couple of stock parts

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2005, 07:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP please, I need a couple of stock parts

Hello I am a new owner to a used B6, I have always wanted to own such a car as this.. now all the girls look at me (finaly), but anyways, I bought it used and it came with some problems from the dumb guy who owned it originaly, and I was wondering if anybody has any of these in their garage and are willing to get rid of it... things like the front bumper, this guy put alot of dents in it, I live in central florida, I would buy this from dealer but the purchase of the car set me back... another thing this guy did is spray paint the wheels, (and a realy bad job too)
Old 07-06-2005, 07:16 AM

LOL! "now all the girls look at me" ...too funny!
Old 07-06-2005, 07:22 AM

Default Re: LOL! "now all the girls look at me" ...too funny!

yeah, it must be the car....
Old 07-06-2005, 09:32 AM
AudiWorld Uber User

Default my friend who goes to ucf...

said in 2 years of being there his sick/modded a4 got like 1 positive comment....

now he got a Z and people don't leave him alone... ive been in the car while girls shout out of their car to his car... its kinda cool

i think audi's are under-appreciated, and not well though of by the average cosumer.... thats just my take... put a bmw 3 series next to an a4 and even though they are essentially the same price, i think the average person would think the a4 is a cheap toy next to a bmw

thats just my take on it, i obviously love my car
Old 07-06-2005, 10:39 AM

Default Re: my friend who goes to ucf...

I havent had my audi very long and I love it.. off course I dont have as many mods as many of the great ones here, but anyways, I am just trying to get my a4 to look stock first and then I'll move from there...I realy dont care much for the first owner of this car, he messed it up. now I got to fix it.. I got a good deal because of it though.. anyways, have you got spare stock parts for it???
Old 07-06-2005, 11:17 AM
AudiWorld Uber User

Default um...

i have the stock non-sport springs laying around
and the stock 16 inch wheels (but im putting those back on when i trade in soon) and then selling my aftermarket rims

so i dont think i'll be much help
Old 07-06-2005, 11:57 AM

Default Re: um...

thank you anyways.....
Old 07-06-2005, 12:17 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Default oh, a few things though

i think you are in a tough position...

stock parts cost a lot ... ie rims and bumpers

the front bumper could be fixed maybe and then repainted... rathering than having to buy a whole new one ?

also as for the rims...
what are you looking to do... get new aftermarket wheels, buy another set of stock wheels...

and what are the wheels that you have that the guy painted?
Old 07-06-2005, 12:29 PM

Default Re: oh, a few things though

the wheels are the 17inch stock ones, I think they look realy nice, but the guy spray painted them gray and on one of them he did such a bad job that one of them is 2 colors and sunburned, I tryed taking the paint off one of them and got it out good, but I found out he had it all scratched up.. if I cant find figure out what to do , I think I'm going to find someone who realy knows how to paint wheels give him some money and see what come out of it.
the bumber I hope it can be fixed but I know that if I take it to one of these shops the first thing they will say is to change it.. do you know where they fix these things cheaper??? thanks for the help
Old 07-07-2005, 04:23 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Yeah, I remember a friend of mine telling me an anecdote about a friend of his...

he told me about his dorky-looking/acting friend's 350z and how women would randomly walk up and drop their number at like gas stations and stuff.

I figured he was just exaggerating after I'd had my A4 for a while and all I ever got were impressed looks. Apparently not? Maybe I should have gotten a G35...
: p

I really don't understand that though--perhaps it's because I recognize Audi as a premium brand and know that the interior on the 350Z and G35 are ***** compared to the A4. Not withstanding, I can't help but be curious about what it would be like have gotten either of those cars over my A4.

Quick Reply: HELP please, I need a couple of stock parts