A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

How Mad Should I Be?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2003, 07:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How Mad Should I Be?

I went back to the dealer on Saturday to have the orange shipping blocks removed because the service area forgot to take them off. Is this a forgiveable offense, and does driving with them in hurt the car? Why do I feel as though I would get better service if I were some rich A$$hole? All the salesman asked me to do was remember that it wasn't his fault and not to let it affect the rating I gave him when Audi corporate calls.
Old 05-19-2003, 07:54 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I wouldn't let it get to you - it's happened to others. It's fixed now just enjoy the new car
Old 05-19-2003, 07:57 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh so it was the shipping blocks after all? You said the other day you knew they were taken off
Old 05-19-2003, 07:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: How Mad Should I Be?

Can't believe they told you not to use this against them in the ratings. If anything they should give you reassurance that if anything does go wrong, they'll replace it under warranty. Best way to go about it, is to develop good relations with dealer/techs or find a good dealer. Good dealers that take care of customers deserve good ratings.

Basically the better ratings a dealer gets, the more inventory selection becomes available. ie They get new models once they come out, and more of them.
Old 05-19-2003, 08:00 AM
Ler

That's stupid- they should earn their ratings.
Old 05-19-2003, 08:07 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default wouldn't be mad. in terms of salesman ratings, salesmen live and die..

..by the performance of their product and associated support team. In this case, that's your dealer. That the brutal reality of being in sales, as a salesperson you stand behind all of this. The fact that it's not his direct responsibility is largely irrelevant in my eyes.

If you were unhappy about this happening, you should let it reflect in the rating you give. Otherwise why would they ever be motivated to be more careful in the future with customers?

Now go drive and be happy.
Old 05-19-2003, 08:09 AM

Default Re: Oh so it was the shipping blocks after all?

I was going to go into that detail, but I figured it would take too long. Yeah, I said that because the salesman told me that the first thing they do is remove the shipping blocks, and that they don't even move the car around the lot with them on. I figured it wasn't even a consideration. Then I went home after work, looked at the springs, and sure enough, there they were.
Old 05-19-2003, 08:10 AM

Ah ok - can't blame ya then. Just take your dealer's answers with a grain of salt in the future.
Old 05-19-2003, 08:10 AM
AudiWorld Uber User

Default Accidents happen. The car wasn't hurt. The salesperson isn't expected

to check out the car mechanically - that is the responsibility of the tech who did the PDI. At best they check to make sure the radio code is correct, the car is clean and free of dings, and that nothing is obviously wrong from a trim standpoint.

So if you do demote his ratings, you are punishing him for something over which is completely outside the scope of his responsibilities. Kind of like your boss chewing you out for something the janitor forgot to do ( assuming you're not the janitor. Nor is his job to get spiffs for you just because you might feel you've somehow been insulted or devalued - that might be the responsiblity of a sales manager - but again, in no way should reflect the rating of the salesperson.
Old 05-19-2003, 08:12 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I always find it sleazy when they ask you to do that.

It reminds me of a used car lot you would see on a television program. The smartest thing for them to do is to ask you what you thought of the service, and take your suggestions seriously. That is the only way Audi's poor customer service image will be fixed, not by telling people how incredibly important it is for them to get good marks from AOA.

Quick Reply: How Mad Should I Be?