A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

more info on the ebay scam from earlier.. he says its a S3!

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2004, 07:17 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default more info on the ebay scam from earlier.. he says its a S3!

here is the scam from today on ebay..which is offline now

<a href="https://forums.audiworld.com/a4gen2/msgs/672795.phtml">ebayscam</a>

here is the email this loser sent me.
Redpower4all@aol.com wrote:
Dear sir,

The person that wanted to buy the car changed his mind that's why the auction is closed.If you are interested in purchasing the Audi S3 ,please let me know.
I want for my car $9900 as i need money very fast.
The car it located in Overland Park, KS, but in 24h the shipping company will come to pick-up the car and store it until I give them the address and the approval where to ship. I will provide shipping company details and tracking #..If you will buy the car I will assure you free shipping for it.

The car it is like new,you can see this on the pictures. The car is in perfect condition,never been involved in accident or something like that. About the paying method I will accept only an escrow service because is the safest way for both of us. After you will send the money to the escrow service I will ship you the car and you will have 7 days for inspecting the car and if you will agree with it I will receive my money, if not your money will be returned by the escrow company.

I cannot do this business in person as i am moving overseas and in this moment i am in Sweden looking for a place to stay.I am not available to meet you in person so you can give cash for the car and the only solution that i have in this moment to sell the car is by escrow service.

So only, if you agree with my terms please mail me..As soon as you confirm me that you will buy the car i will give you all the detailes .

I hope you understand me.

Regards

John Gibbs

and here is a link which goes over all the scams on ebay and yahoo....

<a href="http://www.carbuyingtips.com/fraud.htm">Link</a>
Old 08-26-2004, 05:54 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: more info on the ebay scam from earlier.. he says its a S3!

Great link about the different scams. Can't believe these scammers. I had several phony email offers when I had my Jetta up for sale on Autotrader.