A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

ok, dad's warranty is running out in 9k

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2005, 08:37 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ok, dad's warranty is running out in 9k

does audi offer anything extended to 100k, or will he have to go elsewhere for another warranty

his dealer told him some other people have got other companies to warranty their car, and they didnt pay out sometimes... so im looking for a good one for him that will pay
Old 02-26-2005, 09:48 PM

Default Re: ask your audi dealer. Platinum, Gold, and other Warranties available

I suggest the platinum as it covers everything.
$1000-$3000 for the extended warranty. Well worth it imo.

Hope it helps.
Old 02-26-2005, 09:56 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default see they told him no other audi warranties were offered, had to go other company

you have more info on this so i can relay it to him to tell dealer?
Old 02-26-2005, 10:02 PM

Default Re: go figure. Where do you live?

If need be, tell him to call one of the dealers in so. cali. I purchased mine at Pacific Audi in Torrance, CA.

G'luck!
Old 02-26-2005, 10:03 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default so you can purchase them at other dealers? and still get them to work at any dealer???

from audiusa...

Where can I learn about the warranty for my Audi?
Details on the Audi Advantage Warranty for 2005 models can be found on the Features and Specs section of each model. For example, use the link below to view the Audi Advantage Warranty for the A4 1.8 T. If you have specific questions about your warranty, please consult your dealer or contact Audi Client Relations at 800-822-2834, option 3.
A4 1.8 T Features and Specs
You'll find details on the original Audi Advantage Warranty for previous model years in the Pre-Owned Model Library. Visit the specifications page for each model to read the details for that model year.
Pre-Owned Model Library
Audi also backs our certified pre-owned vehicles with the Audi Certified pre-owned Limited Warranty, one of the most comprehensive warranties in the business. Read more about it in our Certified pre-owned section.
Pre-Owned Warranty

What happens if the coils fail?
If an ignition coil fails, the check engine light/malfunction indicator lamp will illuminate. The car's performance may, in some cases, become rough and/or the engine will lose some power and the car should be taken to an authorized dealer for repair. The engine and its electronic controls are designed to keep the vehicle running. Some deterioration in performance, however, can be expected.

What if I am afraid to drive my car? How far can I operate my vehicle when this happens?
If an ignition coil has failed, a car can normally be driven some distance. Also, if you are not comfortable driving, you may contact your Audi dealer or call Roadside assistance.

How can the company allow customers to drive vehicles with a known defective part on it?
Your car may never exhibit this problem and if an engine coil fails the vehicle can still be operated. We plan to replace these parts as quickly as we can, based on the customer service action that was announced.

Why is Audi still manufacturing vehicles when customers' vehicles are down with a known failing part?
Vehicles being produced today are not affected by the faulty part; they contain the fixed part.

Are loaners available?
In order to minimize inconvenience to you during repair, Audi dealers will offer alternative transportation at no cost.

Is there a fix charge or will you be extending my warranty?
All affected cars are under warranty and covered in the customer service action at no cost.

Does Audi offer an extended warranty?
Currently, Audi does not offer an extended warranty program. Warranty extensions are administered on an individual dealer basis. Your local Audi dealer can most effectively assist you in answering all of your questions.
Dealer Locator
Old 02-26-2005, 10:13 PM

Default Re: go figure.. that looks like an old policy sheet.

Coil packs have been an issue from like 2 years back. That things need to be updated.. prolly some lazy guys forgot to update it to current status.

Extended warranties are available to be used at any audi dealership. I think cheapest ones may only allow you to get warranty at dealership you buy it from.

I recommend the Platinum Extended warranty as that one literally is an extension of your current warranty with a few exceptions. (ie. 10k oil changes are not available with any of the extended warranties, wear and tear items). All mechanical failures (coil packs, blown turbos, blown engines, broken window motors, etc.) are covered. Gold Warranty, Silver Warranty, etc. have more exceptions.

Anyhow, that's all about i know..
my 2 cents. =]

cheers~
Old 02-26-2005, 10:16 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default ok awesome, then i will tell him to just to set it up through another dealer

its either that, or get a b7 a4, or lease a b6 s4 for 399(but he goes more than 12k per year
Old 02-26-2005, 10:51 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Ask your service advisor.

Ask your service advisor which is the best extended warranty. He's probably had first-hand experience in dealing directly with good ones and not so good ones. He probably knows which companies are easy to get repairs reimbursed and which companies fight him tooth and nail.

Ask him which one he would get IF he were to purchase one for himself.
Old 02-26-2005, 10:55 PM
AudiWorld Super User

my dad did, got no real answer, just ones NOT to go with, and that audi doesnt offer one