A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

Q7 Pikes Peak on AW homepage... thoughts, conerns, frustrations?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2004, 12:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Q7 Pikes Peak on AW homepage... thoughts, conerns, frustrations?

not to sure if i agree with this. i personally think the audi sedans and luxury cars fit the market of drivers who want a car but also with awd capabilities.

...Based on the data presented above we also know that it would be possible for Audi's SUV offering to actually eat into the sales of its passenger vehicles, but the same data suggests that SUV sales have much stronger growth prospects than passenger vehicles do anyway. Audi, with no current offering, stands to lose ground until things are rectified....

my regards if this topic was already brought up<ul><li><a href="https://www.audiworld.com">article for the uber lazy</a></li></ul>
Old 11-30-2004, 12:52 PM
AudiWorld Super User

AW has a homepage? get outta here?
Old 11-30-2004, 12:53 PM

Default They'll sell, and make more $ per vehicle. The SUV well is still big enough to drop the bucket.

Besides, with the Toureg and Cayenne paying for so much of the tooling costs already, the investment for an Audi will be quite a bit less, offering a better business case, and probably helping VW and Porsche at the same time.

They just need to make it unique enough so that when someone sees it and sits in it, there's no doubt in their mind it's an Audi.
Old 11-30-2004, 12:56 PM

Default just thought id try to get some views

i know there are some audi owners out there that like the fact audi has yet to release an auv/xuv.

also i have aw gen2 a4 set as my homepage so i hardly navigate to the forum through the actualy homepage site just to spead things up. for this reason i though id just get a thread going concerning the thoughts of the Q7...
Old 11-30-2004, 01:01 PM

Default Will increase cost recovery of the Toureg platform and enhance the line up

Why not?

But I'll still keep the avant!
Old 11-30-2004, 01:01 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Hmm, my third chance to bash SUV lemmings in two days.

Again I say, unless you use it to go offroad, tow or haul heavy stuff I just don't see the point of putting up with the ride &amp; handling shortcomings of the SUV on a daily basis.

However, the lemmings seem to have bottomless pockets since the market for the things has yet to saturate.

Matter of fact I'm working an angle for a $500 '89 Civic beater for my foul weather car because fueling the Bronco is far too expensive.
Old 11-30-2004, 01:05 PM

Default well how about ground clearance for northeast winters and lake effect

not uncommon for me to wake up with foot and half on roads in morning...

how about pets and place to put them. i have two greyhounds and they arent hoppin' in the back seat of my a4...

how about accessibility of getting in and out. i know many people who went to suv because as they got older they had harder time sliding in and out of low cars and found it easier and safer to get into higher car.

i have mixed feelings with this but most of this is just me playing devils advocate. =)
Old 11-30-2004, 01:10 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default I can see the clearance point if you need to get out

ahead of the plows. I really can't comment on snow because I don't face it.

They make some nice setups for dogs in the back of a wagon.

Your basic sedean/wagon isn't that low. Most SUV's require a step up which is harder (one reason for the growing popularity of crossovers like the Ford Freestyle or Subaru Forrester).

Again, I'm certainly not one of the ban 'em nuts but just because something is popular doesn't mean it's good (eg. "reality" TV).
Old 11-30-2004, 01:12 PM

Default Re: Q7 Pikes Peak

Audi is getting killed by the competition that have SUV alternatives to cars. BMW, Infiniti etc...their sales are all up because they have these autos. I believe Audi relied too much on the school of thought that believed the all-road would sell great because it was between the SUV and passanger car. They were wrong and they have not been able to bring the Q7 to market fast enough. The sad thing is that Porsche, a sports car company, saw the writing on the wall before Audi. Doesn't say much for Audi management...
Old 11-30-2004, 02:14 PM

Default Huh?

"The sad thing is that Porsche, a sports car company, saw the writing on the wall before Audi. Doesn't say much for Audi management..."

Isn't the Cayenne the product of a joint development project with VW - aka the Toureg? I think Audi management has seen this for while.

I'd almost be willing to bet they launched to Toureg to see how it did in VW's segment and see how the Cayenne did at their launch to validate whether or not to hit the market and maybe use some lessons-learned (if any) that may have developed from the launch of those products.

Quick Reply: Q7 Pikes Peak on AW homepage... thoughts, conerns, frustrations?