A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

Rear View Mirror Fell Off

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2013, 09:35 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear View Mirror Fell Off

I have been looking through the threads a bit regarding this issue I have, but nothing really concrete on any solutions.

I worked late one day and I came out and got in my car and the rear view mirror was just hanging by the wires. There is a black circle on the glass where it looks like it was attached but it smooth. There is a bit of glue left on the black circle and some glue on the metal circle part of the rear view mirror itself.

A little more about my car. I drive a 2003 Audi A4 Quattro. My rear view mirror does have automatic dimming and direction facing information on it. It has no buttons other than a eye on the back (or at least what it looks like) and a reset hole. I have had the car now for about 8 - 9 months.

I have seen quite a few posts throughout the web saying the only solution is to replace the glass. This seems pretty extreme, so I am trying to find out if there is any validity in it. I have also seen mixed reviews on using the mixture you can purchase from your local auto parts store to re-attach it the window.I cleaned the glue off the window and the rear view mirror itself. I was going to try the mixture you can purchase at the auto part store but can not seem to detach the rear view mirror from the mount where the ball is that allows you to adjust the rear view mirror when it is in place. Otherwise it is just too heavy. I have tried turning it this way and that as some posts I read but have had no luck.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.