A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

Where/How did you brought wires from Engine Bay to Interior..?

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2004, 10:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Where/How did you brought wires from Engine Bay to Interior..?
Old 06-23-2004, 12:53 AM

Through ECU box/enclosure
Old 06-23-2004, 02:59 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default best way i've found so far (and i've looked a lot!)

as zemun mentioned, the ECU box works, but this is a pain. You have to remove the wipers, remove that little piece of trim under the wipers, remove the ecu box cover, and then the knee bolster inside just to get to the damn thing. on top of that, you'll have to drill a hole in the ECU cover to run the wire through, and make sure you seal that hole again with some silicone.

perhaps a better way, which I use for a high watt VHF antenna cable (steers clear of the ecu box because it puts out harmful interference), is on the other side of the car. if you take out the engine cover, you can find the filter box (very rear on the right side of the engine compt.). if you take the cover off and remove the filter, you can see two nuts that you simply unscrew. this removes the remainder of the filter box (takes all of 3-5 minutes, tops). if you look back in there, you can quite easily see where the wire goes, and that will take you right behind the glovebox, which you can remove if necessary to route the wire pretty easily. be aware, you will have to drill a hole in the filter box to run the cable through, but i'm a lot more comfortable drilling there than in the car's computer! all in all, this second alternative is far easier and safer than the ECU box alternative, and I would recommend that to you.

i am told there is a grommet you can punch through that would be easier than either of these alternatives, but i have yet to find it. the other day, however, i did notice a grommet under the driver's side knee bolster (must remove to see it, then look behind the pedals) that has a bunch of spare holes in it. this might be too far down, but its worth taking a deeper look at if you wish. i guess that would save you the trouble of drilling anywhere, but in the long run it still might not be as easy as my second alternative. drilling in the filter box really isn't a big deal, just be sure to seal with silicone around your wire, and keep the hole as small as possible. other than that, make sure you reinstall the box properly (its idiotproof) and you should have no problems. good luck! (what's this for again?)
Old 06-23-2004, 07:30 AM

Thank you Very Much.. it is for Boost gauge and Power cable for amp..