A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

woo hoo! My MTM exhaust is on the FedEx truck for delivery.

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2003, 11:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The GHL I had was a full 2.5" system. And they no longer make it for the B6 last I heard.
Old 12-19-2003, 11:36 AM

Default Probably...

Exhaust gains can be negligible though, since you are dealing with such a small range. But with a turbo upgrade in mind, you want to go with a bigger exhaust, to let it breath. Downpipe as well. The CAT is probably the most restrictive part though (being that it is connected to the turbo). A Sport CAT will yeild much improved results with a bigger turbo. It seems many go to a 3" exhaust system with a bigger turbo, so they can squeeze every last bit out of it. But with the MTM, it'll be plenty for me. I plan on doing a turbo kit as well (MTM chip and injector in the meantime probably).

I would say out of the lot of them, the MTM is one of the better performers because of its size. But it is not just that alone. I used to be all for the polished SS, custom looking mufflers,..etc. But now I just want a well built exhaust that fits perfectly, flows, has a quiet interior noise level and has a nice outside tone. The last two exhausts I had were big disappointments. The only thing nice about the GHL was that it really opened up the turbo (more so then the APR).

If cost is not an issue, I would go with MTM. But you can get pretty could results from others for less. It's up to you.
I have yet to hear mine because it is not installed yet. I will be posting more info soon (details/pictures) after installation is complete. I do not have a sound recorder unfortunately. But I'll know if this is what I have been looking for. The other two didn't really impress me that much with outside sound. But to be fair, my car is stock.
Old 12-19-2003, 01:39 PM
AudiWorld Super User

yeah I forgot to mention that they don't make it any more