A4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi A4 produced from 2005-2008.5

'05.5 with 29,000 miles bought Yesterday got side keyed today ..

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2009, 04:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '05.5 with 29,000 miles bought Yesterday got side keyed today ..

Got a statement about car vandals. I hope they all DIE!!!!!

I bought a '05.5 2.0T yesterday that I searched for for months. It has 29,000 miles and is/was in perfect shape. I traveled 3 states to get it. I traveled 300 miles for my '93 90s and about 500 miles for my '97 Cabriolet, thats all besides the point.

Anyway today it got keyed down the passenger side from the front of the front door to the end of the quarter panel. In the first 24hrs of ownership. I'm sick. It either happened at work or at Walmart. I stopped at walmart on the way home to get a battery for my 90s daily driver. Please don't yell at me for going there. They had the cheapest batteries and I parked at the end of the lot, there wasn't a car for 20 spaces in any direction. When I came out there still wasn't any cars around.

I didn't notice the scratch until my Dad stopped my to check out the car.

Tomorrow first thing I'm having them checkout the cameras in the lot at work. I don't know how much of the lot they get. Then I'm going to Walmart to see if some ***** gave me a drive-by scrape.

What to do??

Thanks for listening to me cry, I'm going to go blow my nose now.
Old 05-20-2009, 05:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

Man, I'm sorry to hear that...completely understand the emotions. You spend all this time, money and effort for something you want and care about and some ******* decides that they're going to ruin it for you. Does your insurance poilcy cover this kind of vandalism? If the keying isn't too deep through the paint, it may be easily repairable....

I had somebody put a small scratch/ding in the passenger door and a separate large scratch/chip on the lower part of the drivers side door..I was pretty mad at that too!!

Hope you get it sorted out...hang in there!
Old 05-20-2009, 06:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Aaww...sorry to hear this...

Stuff like this makes me ill. I am a very careful parker, away from everyone else, but still worry about crap like this. Hope it works out for you. By the way, what color is your car?
Old 05-21-2009, 05:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

My car is Brilliant Red.

I haven't taken it anywhere yet, but I think the most of the rear door can be buffed out, you can just feel it with your finger nail. The front door is scratch through the paint.

In about an hour I'll have time to review our parking lot camera. The security people say that the camera only gets part of the lot, so it depends where it was parked. So, I don't know if it is on tape. We'll see.

My insurance deductable is $500. I guess I'll have to eat the cost of the repair. It doesn't matter how good a paint shop is, It will NEVER be as good as factory.
Old 05-22-2009, 09:47 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 62 Likes on 36 Posts

Sorry about that Dude. It's the Walmart though. The same thing happened to my mother's new car (parked away from other cars in the lot) except the jerks left a note, "thought you could get away huh?".
Old 05-23-2009, 02:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Well, the cameras at work don't get the part of the lot that I park in, so I don't know for sure that it happen there.

I called Walmart and talked to security. They said that they have cameras that cover the entire lot, so if it happened there they would have it recorded. They got the time and section of the lot. They said they would review the video and If anything is on it they would call me back, so I could call the police, the police could then get the video. If they don't call nothing happened.

Even if it did happen there, they probably won't admit it. It would just give them bad press in the paper. Its not to their advantage to help me!

I wet sanded and buff the scratch out of the quarter, rear door and most of the front door. The front door will need repaired to fully fix it. I was thinking about getting some touch up paint, filling the scratch, wet sanding (to smooth the touch up) and then re-polishing. This may or may not work out, it won't cost much to try. My insurance deductible is $500 so it won't help to turn it in, thats about the cost to fix it.