A4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi A4 produced from 2005-2008.5
Old 08-05-2016, 09:31 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Audi A4 (B7) Lighting Guides
Print Wikipost

A4 Avant B7 rear light cluster - access & light, lamp or bulb replacement

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2011, 08:10 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A4 Avant B7 rear light cluster - access & light, lamp or bulb replacement

Apologies if this thread exists elsewhere on this great forum - I could not readily find it when searching.
Removing the A4 Avant's rear light cluster is simple, therefore, replacing bulbs is simple and does not require a trip to the dealer.
Please look at the photos on either:
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/alb...albumid=163223
http://img94.imageshack.us/g/6rubbersealwithinboot.jpg/
There is one internal bolt requiring an allen key and the only other fixings are the 2 plastic 'nipples' held very tightly by the rubber grommets.
Some firm finger tip pulling of the cluster will remove it, however, you must keep the cluster in its original vertical and horizontal planes i.e. DO NOT twist it.
Imagine a line from the centre-back rear seat through the light cluster - always pull along this line. Note the angle of the bodywork housing the grommets - it is not parallel to the rear wing. Only use your finger tips as any screwdriver etc will cause a pressure point that could crack the cluster or damage paintwork.
Before you start, note how tight fit joints and ensure you complete like this. It will take some firm pressure to re-set the fixings into the grommets (some saliva will help).
Also, note how the rubber seal fits and again ensure you re-fit it correctly.
The photo's are of my 3.2 V6 S-Line - it sure sounds sweet.

Good luck, take care and stay classy,

I'm Ron Burgundie in Edinburgh, Scotland.

"They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time it works, every time"
Attached Images  
Old 02-07-2011, 07:40 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

SOME CORRECTIONS - I've just tested this again in the snow - brrrr!
medium straight screwdriver and not an Allen key.

Removal;
1- undo the inner cover and remove the single bolt.
2- push the fitting away from the bodywork by 3/4" or 20mm MAX!
3- get your finger tips under the bottom front corner nearest the rear door and gently lever away from the bodywork - it only requires 1/2" or 12mm to free the lower grommet.
4- once done, using both hands, gently pull the unit 'along the line' to free the upper grommet.
5- the cluster should pop off easily.

good luck