A4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi A4 produced from 2005-2008.5

dipped headlight?????!!!!!???

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2011, 11:45 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by audinut467
hi guys,

Just joined this forum. I've been having dipped headlight error message. Started maybe a month ago. Came on right after starting car up. Never noticed any problems with the actual headlight functions, but the message always appears when I start the car, even if the lights are turned off. Wondered if anyone else experienced this. BTW, 2005.5 audi a4 2.0t manual bi-xenon headlights
Well, if you read my post you have your answer

Phil
Old 07-15-2011, 04:28 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I had the same problem and just changed the bulb and havent had the problem since.
Old 12-03-2014, 04:12 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by toolbeater
@Arctic:
I did not have to remove any parts located either in or out of the engine bay (valance, brake parts) to remove the headlight assemblies and I would think yours would be the same.
On the '05 there are just three bolts that hold the headlight in place. All three can be accessed without removal of any other parts. The trick is though to have the torx tool to reach down to the 2 bolts located behind the light. If you send me an email contact I can send you some photos marked up of where the bolts are on my car. They may be completely different on the '06 of course but really, it's possible the same engineer(s) worked on both models of cars and it's likely that you too can remove the headlights in the same way.
Once they are out it is simply a matter of very carefully changing the parts, try the bulb first since it is the suspect part, ballast second if the problem stays on the same side. There are a few small connectors on the components, don't be in a rush to pull the connectors off before you figure out if there is a clip to be removed, a tab to be sprung or some other little trick. It'll really F your day if you tear the wires out of a connector...
I have read that there can be high voltage present in the ballast, maybe some sort of capacitance charge held. I've never burned a hole in my finger but that doesn't mean that it can't happen. Don't make a habit of putting your tongue on the pins to check...
Post your email if you want some photos.
Had a crazy problem recently of the engine losing power, ABS light coming on... It was the brake switch at the pedal.
Hi I have the same problem with my audi 2005.5 a4 and I want to take the headlights out without removing other parts. Can you email me the pictures of the places where the bolts are. Also what is the torx tool? Thanks! Hrodendau@icloud.com
Old 12-19-2019, 05:19 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Barry in Utah
the new bulb. I would try a new dealer (maybe call first). If they give you the same story I will find out the TSB number for you. If it includes replacing the bulb I can't imagine how they could justify not covering it. Let me know how this turns out.
A TBS is not a recall