A4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi A4 produced from 2005-2008.5

Neuspeed Power Pulley and Turbo-back Exhaust system

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2005, 06:59 PM
LBW

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Neuspeed Power Pulley and Turbo-back Exhaust system

Hi there, I am new in Audi.I have 2.0T FSI with CVT trany. I wanted to chip it but since almost everybody told me that the trany is weak, now I've change my mind.

However, This does not stop me from getting a faster car, I was thinking about the pulley and the Turbo-back exhaust system. But I do have some questions.

For the Pulley, I was confused where does the extra power comes from? Will installing the pulley makes any of the part not working or working less than without the pulley?

About the Turbo-back Exhaust system, how much extra HP and torque will I get? Will these extra power and torque harm my trany?

Also, What can I do to improve my braking system? and please tell me where I can get it from. Please don't tell me to upgrade to Brembo Big Brake Kit (not enough funding for now. hahaha)

Thank you so much for your help.
Old 11-01-2005, 09:47 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default For brakes, just replace the pads with a Ferodo, Pagid, or Hawk...

to dramatically increase bite and fade resistance. Doubt you'd need anything more than that. You can go with a high temp fluid like the Motul RBF 600 if you plan on using the brakes aggressively.

Exhaust with a downpipe may be good for 10hp and 10tq give or take 5hp and tq. Cut off the cat and add a test pipe and you'll get a CEL, but also another roughly 10hp and tq.

The pulley is an underdrive pulley. Never seen one for our cars tested to see if it works. Some people like it, some people report increased vibration. Up to you.

cheers! mike
Old 11-01-2005, 12:03 PM

Default Re: Neuspeed Power Pulley and Turbo-back Exhaust system

The power from a pulley comes from a smaller pulley system. When you have a smaller pulley it can rotate faster which makes the fan turn faster. So what i forgot to say was that the pulley connects to the radiator fan in the front. So by getting a smaller pulley you pull more air into the engine adding about 5-10hp.

Milltek states that their exaust adds 50 hp which sounds awsome yes, but theres no way in hell. lol most exausts (good exausts) add about 25-30 hp. However when you put a high flow Cat. in it adds a good 15 hp. this will not hurt your tranny because since all an exaust does is release air from the engine faster, it cant hurt it. So since your CVT tranny is weak, an exaust will be fine. I dont know how much torque it will add, sorry i forgot, but i think it is on their site.<ul><li><a href="http://www.stratmosphere.com/milltek_a4_catback.htm">Milltek exaust for B7 2.0t</a></li></ul>
Old 11-01-2005, 01:08 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default The fans are electric not controlled by the pulley...

If you read your advertisement again, the miltek reports gains of 50hp WITH chip programming, which is what everyone else claims. cheers! Mike
Old 11-02-2005, 01:28 PM

Default Re: The fans are electric not controlled by the pulley...

sorry i misread that. woops. So in that case it sounds very reasonable....50hp that is because the chip adds 40 hp on its own, so the the exaust would be a little weak actually only adding 10 hp. but w/e, 10-15 hp is still a good gain. :P