A4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi A4 produced from 2005-2008.5

is it possible to increase hp in the A4 2.0T

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2018, 08:47 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default is it possible to increase hp in the A4 2.0T

Hi Audi Fans! I am considering buying a 2008 AUDI A4 2.0T SPECIAL ED. AVANT QUATTRO although not too excited about going to a 4-cyl engine. I read somewhere in this forum that one can install a chip of some kind to increase hp on an A4...? Do any of you know more about that? Also, do any of you know of any major problems in this car? (used car shopping is a bitch!) Thanks for your insight.

Old 08-19-2018, 10:20 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by jessifina

Hi Audi Fans! I am considering buying a 2008 AUDI A4 2.0T SPECIAL ED. AVANT QUATTRO although not too excited about going to a 4-cyl engine. I read somewhere in this forum that one can install a chip of some kind to increase hp on an A4...? Do any of you know more about that? Also, do any of you know of any major problems in this car? (used car shopping is a bitch!) Thanks for your insight.

Hey there, I'm also very new to this forum but I think I can pass along some info.

First off, highly recommend searching this topic on this forum and the internet in general, there is a ton of information out there about chipping the B7 2.0T and you can find a wide variety of responses, but most people tend to enjoy the increased engine efficiency. Most CPU modifications work hand in hand with performance parts, such as replacing the downpipe or installing a front mount intercooler. I have been researching this topic myself and have found a wealth of information out there.

I am currently rebuilding my B7 A4 Avant after a front end collision. Even though most mechanics and body shops didn't want to touch it and quoted me very high prices for the repair (thusly totalling the car and allowing me to purchase a completely new vehicle) I hung on to the wagon in hopes of eventually repairing it. The fact that I had the engine rebuilt just prior to the accident after it ingested it's fuel pump (a part that is known to be prone to failure and has been subject to extended warranty, although mine was not) contributed heavily to this decision. There is a little metal cone piece in the stock fuel pump that squirts go-juice into the engine and eventually it fails and gets sucked into the engine just really screws your year up, at least that is what happened to me...

Unless you are highly committed to the B7 platform and are willing to put forth the effort necessary to do the research for yourself, I wouldn't necessarily recommend it. The 2.0T engine has to be meticulously maintained (also search for "B7 Cam Follower) and unless you are independently wealthy (and I'm guessing not based on the potential purchase of a 10 year old vehicle, and I'm not either, mine's a 2006) the cost of ownership is pretty high. The workaround for avoiding that expense is to learn a great deal about the vehicle and invest in a quality set of tools.

Good luck and godspeed.
Old 11-28-2018, 01:53 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

a stage 1 revo tune will blow your mind.
as for A4 2.0 B7s there are many issues, just google the following 'common 2.0T Audi problems'
cam follower, HP fuel pump, oil consumption to name but a few.
Old 12-10-2018, 07:11 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by technicoloraudio
Hey there, I'm also very new to this forum but I think I can pass along some info.

First off, highly recommend searching this topic on this forum and the internet in general, there is a ton of information out there about chipping the B7 2.0T and you can find a wide variety of responses, but most people tend to enjoy the increased engine efficiency. Most CPU modifications work hand in hand with performance parts, such as replacing the downpipe or installing a front mount intercooler. I have been researching this topic myself and have found a wealth of information out there.

I am currently rebuilding my B7 A4 Avant after a front end collision. Even though most mechanics and body shops didn't want to touch it and quoted me very high prices for the repair (thusly totalling the car and allowing me to purchase a completely new vehicle) I hung on to the wagon in hopes of eventually repairing it. The fact that I had the engine rebuilt just prior to the accident after it ingested it's fuel pump (a part that is known to be prone to failure and has been subject to extended warranty, although mine was not) contributed heavily to this decision. There is a little metal cone piece in the stock fuel pump that squirts go-juice into the engine and eventually it fails and gets sucked into the engine just really screws your year up, at least that is what happened to me...

Unless you are highly committed to the B7 platform and are willing to put forth the effort necessary to do the research for yourself, I wouldn't necessarily recommend it. The 2.0T engine has to be meticulously maintained (also search for "B7 Cam Follower) and unless you are independently wealthy (and I'm guessing not based on the potential purchase of a 10 year old vehicle, and I'm not either, mine's a 2006) the cost of ownership is pretty high. The workaround for avoiding that expense is to learn a great deal about the vehicle and invest in a quality set of tools.

Good luck and godspeed.
This is spot on. Love my 08 Avant but it's literally been in the shop every 2-3 weeks for something. Haven't even been able to start the APR tuning I want to, not even just Stage 1 ECU tune. I have never love and hated a car so much in my life. As I type this it's in the shop again for multiple misfire, cooling system and other codes. Honestly thinking of selling it and getting an Audi Q5