A4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi A4 produced from 2005-2008.5
Old 08-05-2016, 09:20 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Audi A4 (B7) Lighting Guides
Print Wikipost

Replacing OEM headlight bulbs with Silverstar

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2007, 10:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replacing OEM headlight bulbs with Silverstar

Everyone, any advice would be helpful. I'm not a expert at installing or uninstalling things/taking things apart unless I really want to ruin it, so I'm wondering if theres a step by step guide somewhere on how I can replace the bulbs in my 2006 Audi Quattro 2.0 FSI (B7)??
Old 05-17-2007, 12:15 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Not sure if the B7 is the same as the B6 (haven't compared mine with wife's), but...

On the B6 it is very straight forward. You'll need some specific tools though. Specifically an T-30 torx bit and an extension for your wrench.

THere are two bold on top of the headlight unit that are very visible when you pop the hood. Remove them. Then there is a well hidden bolt at the bottom of light (maybe about 4 inches back and 6 inches down toward the outside of the vehicle). You may have to use a flashlight and move some wires/harness to see. LOOSEN (DON'T REMOVE) this bolt. Than, gently wiggle then entire unit out. Hint: Put a towl down on the bumper to keep from scratching. There is a little metal clip holding a plastic door in place. Swing the clip out of the way an open the door. There's another clip holding the light in place. Remove the clip (noting the position so you put it back correctly) and pull out the bulb. Everything goes back in reverse. Make sure you use a lint-free cloth to handle the new bulb... they don't like finger oils.

Do the driver side first. The pass side is the same with one PITA exception... you have to unscrew and remove the intake to get to it.

As I said, this is all how it worked on my wife's B6... you'll have to peak under your hood to confirm that it works the same on the B7.

BTW, the silverstars make a noticable diff.
Old 05-18-2007, 04:42 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Any suggestions where to find a good extended screwdriver?

I had a hex key at the end of about 3 extensions and it was a little wobbly. I felt the whole thing would fall apart in my engine bay. Auto zone didn't have anything decent.

My Audi techician had a kick-*** one which was long and slightly bendable.