A4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi A4 produced from 2005-2008.5

Satellite antenna location

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2013, 07:03 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Satellite antenna location

I have a 2006 A4 Cabriolet. The Sirus reception went from intermittent to non-existent. I opened the trunk lid and discovered a forest of electronic components inside. I couldn't isolate the bad cable, so I fished a new coax from the trunk lid thru the rubber boots and into the Satellite receiver in the trunk's left sidewall. I'm using an aftermarket Sirus antenna. It only works reliably if I put over the trunk seal into the trough that the trunk lid sits it. I'm a little concerned about water seeping into the trunk. The aftermarket antenna doesn't do well in the trunk lid even though the lid is non-metallic.

If I could actually locate the satellite antenna in the lid, I could wire directly to it with the new cable. Does anyone know the exact location. There are a couple of amplifiers and several other devices such a AM antenna, FM antenna, a big copper plate with some components under it, etc. I've tried to cable to the obvious looking items, but no luck. A photo of the antenna or an diagram of the location would help.

Thanks for any help.