A4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi A4 produced from 2005-2008.5

swirl's on my precious black audi a4

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2005, 01:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default swirl's on my precious black audi a4

okay so these birds decided to take a huge dump on my hood. being the neurotic car owner, without thinking i immediately took a stack of tissues, a bottle of water and attempted to clean the doo doo off. BAD IDEA. these HUGE swirls ended up on my hood. i took my car for one of those drive thru car washes and it still wont get off. i was wondering if anyone has had the same experience before and if they can lend me some tips. i heard there are swirl removers out there. do you think they work on black paint? (BTW black cars are so hard to maintain: easy to see dirt/scratches/water spots/SWIRLS). okay end of rant.
Old 10-12-2005, 01:21 PM

Default Re: swirl's on my precious black audi a4

https://forums.audiworld.com/groupbuys/msgs/489.phtml

is this any good?
Old 10-12-2005, 01:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: black gets hotter... as you spread the poop around it got thinner.. as to now your hood looks...

like picasso did it.

birds these days!

it really sucks.. i know there is a 3m formula out there. im sure it will be alright.
Old 10-12-2005, 01:44 PM

Default Re: black gets hotter... as you spread the poop around it got thinner.. as to now your hood looks...

hahaha i succeeded in removing the crap, its just the tissue and i guess the bird chunks scratched the paint. it happened this morning and i am still tramatized, furiously updating this page like no other.
Old 10-12-2005, 01:52 PM

Try Here.<ul><li><a href="http://autogeek.net">http://autogeek.net</a</li></ul>
Old 10-12-2005, 02:02 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Look for the 3M Swirl Remover

WOrks great, then followup with the 3M Hand Glaze then your favourite wax. Expect to spend quite a few hours detailing the car if you do it by hand!
Old 10-12-2005, 03:07 PM

Default Re: Look for the 3M Swirl Remover

okay so i need to apply the swirl remover, then hand glaze, then wax my car? do i only need to do it for that little spot? what wax's do you recommend? (new to this :P)
Old 10-12-2005, 03:25 PM

A drive through car wash was your first detailing step?
Old 10-12-2005, 03:33 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Resist... resist... when you think you gotta:

Most paper has metal shavings in it, even tissue. Even if it doesn't, you've got grit on the paint anyway unless you've just finished washing.

Through the winter, I only spray my car at the car wash occasionally because I don't want anything to touch the paint.

When the birds hit my car, I wash it at home, or drive it calmly to the coin-op car wash and spray it off so the acid doesn't etch the clear coat.

Washing: big bucket with a few ounces of Simple Green concentrate. I use a soft siding brush on a broom handle to wash. Spray with the hose, wash a panel at a time, then the wheels and tires. Let drip for a few minutes, then dry with one or two large soft towels (fresh from the laundry of course, and wash before re-using. Open the doors and trunk and wipe out the sills.

Waxing: After washing and drying, wipe off any tree sap with a soft terry cloth and rubbing alcohol. Then use a glaze or polish (I use 3M Glaze or Meguier's Step 2 Polish), and do a panel at a time. Glaze on, glaze off. If you do the whole car and it gets firm, it's a real drag to get it off. After you're done, look against the light for the areas you missed and then start waxing. I use Meguier's Carnuba Wax and get good results.

Good luck.
Old 10-12-2005, 04:12 PM

The latest copy of European Car has a section on detailing including a "what not to do" sidebar

Quick Reply: swirl's on my precious black audi a4