A4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi A4 produced from 2005-2008.5

throttle hesitation.

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2017, 03:29 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default throttle hesitation.

So ive had a bunch of problems with this car over the last couple of months. It was doing perfectly fine and then took a huge S**T on my life lol. it all started when i changed my motor mounts. i switched them to performance mounts (polyurethane). When i changed my mounts i noticed a loss in power. so i did my own research because i do all the mechanic work on my car. im going to provide a list of the things that i have done to my car and hopefully i can get some sort of helpful response because im stressed out about this car everyday.

-coolant temperature flange (back of motor)
-coolant temperature sensor
-timing belt
-water pump
-battery
-alternator
-cleaned MAF
-changed and upgraded spark plugs and boots
-tranny flush
-coolant flush
-oil flush
-motor mounts
-transmission
-air filter
-cabin filter
-oil filter housing
-brake light switch

so ive changed all of these things on my car and i still get a horrible vibration when im at a stop light. so i changed my transmission mount to the oem part and that vibration went away but i still have it in the front. when im at a stop light its even worse. i have to press the pedal to the floor and hopefully get a head start on a freakin 01 toyota corolla. ( not racing ) but a regular take off from a light. i dont have any other issues besides that. everything else ive already fixed but the main issue is still the loss of power and hesitation. i think it could be a torque converter, or a bad injector, maybe
Old 05-22-2017, 07:54 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

VCDS VAg-com scan the car and look for soft codes. This will avoid you changing un necessary parts and cost you money.

Did you change the snub mount? If you did you might need to adjust it. A improper adjust snub mount will cause bad vibration at idle and wot