A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

2009 A4 Avant leaking today during rain

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2010, 06:06 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Old Dog
Hi Robsibis. The first thought that came to mind was something to do with the battery support not draining properly due to debris around the drain holes/slots...
Good Luck
Huh?.. Me be confused. The battery is in the rear down in the bottom of the pit that used to contain a nice real spare tire which is apparently Audi's attempt to improve the fore/aft weight distribution.

No leaks here...
Old 10-01-2010, 06:24 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SoSuMi
Huh?.. Me be confused. The battery is in the rear down in the bottom of the pit that used to contain a nice real spare tire which is apparently Audi's attempt to improve the fore/aft weight distribution.

No leaks here...
Me be wrong . I did not know it had changed location from my B7 model. Now I know and can see why my suggestion didn't make sense. Oh boy...
Old 10-01-2010, 07:45 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Old Dog
Me be wrong . I did not know it had changed location from my B7 model. Now I know and can see why my suggestion didn't make sense. Oh boy...
Yeah, but you speak French and I don't
Old 10-03-2010, 11:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

B8 Avant battery is located under the spare tire beneath rear cargo area. And yeah that lil rubber donut for a spare is pathetic. I am wondering if a kinetic battery might leave room for a real/full size spare. I just toss that donut on the ground when I go to the track. Having had to drive to the tire shop recently on it after picking up a nail was not something I'd like to repeat. Even at 40 mph, braking was dicey when a car pulled in front of me and hit their brakes

As for your water leak... Can't help you there. Never experienced that in this car. I wouldn't be worried about rust the shells are dipped so even the interior metal is "rustproofed". I would make sure that you get all moisture removed (wet/dry vac) and then maybe a heat lamp or large desiccant pouch. I use them in all the cars I keep in storage. Once any mildew gets in the carpet, It's is extremely difficult to get rid of the musty smell.
Old 10-04-2010, 05:17 AM
equ
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by teamdaraptor
Audi has recalled the sunroof drains. Still have my documentation on it. Secondly, if you have water accumulated on your floor boards, chances are the carpeting/insulation crap will absorb most of it. I have a sunroof leak in my Jeep, and same thing happened. LUCKILY, i have heavy duty floor mats that absorbed most of it, but you have to vacuum the **** out of the carpet. Don't hesitate to go back and do it again. Air freshener is your friend too Audi should be fixing your problem at no cost to you. This is NOT YOUR FAULT!
Is this for avants only or it affects sedans as well? Is there date cut-off?