A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

2014 Audi A4 Quattro Dlex Fuel 2.0 Fuel filter

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2024, 11:27 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 Audi A4 Quattro Dlex Fuel 2.0 Fuel filter

I am not usually someone who works on my cars but I want to learn.

My question is this. I have a 2014 A4 Quatro with Flex Fuel. From what I can tell Audi tells you that you need to replace the whole filter assembly. I see videos where people are just replacing the fuel filter itself. However, I am not sure if it is the exact scenario or if they have the flex fuel because one of the videos mentioned different scenarios but I wasn't sure it applied to me.

Does anybody know if I can get away with just changing the actual filter or do I need the plastic housing and filter? If I can order just a filter is it possible somebody can supply me with a filter part number?

Thank you!
Old 04-29-2024, 12:08 PM
Club AutoUnion

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

It's important to ensure you have the correct information specific to your Audi A4 Quattro with Flex Fuel regarding the fuel filter replacement. While some vehicles may allow for just replacing the filter element, others might require replacing the entire filter assembly, including the housing. The owner's manual should provide information on recommended maintenance procedures, including whether the entire filter assembly needs to be replaced or just the filter element. Audi dealerships or authorized service centers can provide accurate information regarding the maintenance requirements for your specific vehicle. They can also supply you with the correct part number for the filter or the complete filter assembly. Some online parts websites specializing in Audi parts may allow you to search for the specific part number for the fuel filter or filter assembly for your vehicle.

To ensure you get the correct part number for the filter or filter assembly, providing your vehicle's VIN (Vehicle Identification Number) to a dealership or service center is usually the most accurate way to obtain the correct part information. They can then verify the exact specifications of your vehicle and provide you with the appropriate part number for the fuel filter or filter assembly.
Old 04-29-2024, 12:58 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,929 Likes on 1,638 Posts

B8.0 uses a single-phase Bosch pump with replaceable filter.
B8.5 (ie, yours) uses a three-phase VDO (Continental) pump with non-replaceable filter, as far as Audi is concerned.
Now, I'm sure it does physically separate, but can you source a standalone filter part from Continental for that pump?
Old 04-29-2024, 01:28 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thank you for the replies.

That was kind of what I thought. Thank both of you.
Old 05-02-2024, 07:04 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 68 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by SMac770
B8.0 uses a single-phase Bosch pump with replaceable filter.
B8.5 (ie, yours) uses a three-phase VDO (Continental) pump with non-replaceable filter, as far as Audi is concerned.
Now, I'm sure it does physically separate, but can you source a standalone filter part from Continental for that pump?
I can confirm it seperates.. lol.. as mine was lying at the bottom of the tank and caused my car to die at the side of the road. ( not clipped in properly )