A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

A4 B&O upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2013, 07:06 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A4 B&O upgrade

I am very interested in the 2014 A4. The dealer has almost the exactly the car I want except for the color and it doesn't have the Bang & Olufsen system. I drove one with the B&O system and I definitely think it sounds better than stock. I asked if the B&O system could be installed by the dealer and they said it was only a factory option.

So do I get the car I kinda want off the lot or order the exact car I want and wait 100+ days. Has anyone had experience getting the B&O system installed by the dealer? Or how easy is it to upgrade the stock speakers with after market. I am used to my custom system in my Acura RSX and I don't think I can go back to a mediocre stock system after listening to my Boston system in my RSX.
Old 11-08-2013, 11:07 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I find little improvement in the B&O (bloated & overpriced) system over stock, but if you enjoy it, you should have it.

Check the ED system. There might be a car to your taste that was made and the deal fell through. You just need to show European presence to buy it.

You could also order the exact car you want and collect it at the factory. You save enough to pay for the trip, but be warned it is difficult to wipe the smile off your face after taking a new Audi out on unlimited speed German roads.

It would be a fools errand to install the B&O system. The cost of the wiring alone will be more than a Thai dinner including the flight to Bangkok. Then there is the software to be sorted to match the vehicle, and every time the dealer hooks up the car to the mother ship, it will want to change the software for compatibility with the build list.

Get the exact car you want. Life is too short.
Old 11-09-2013, 04:22 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Moviela
Get the exact car you want. Life is too short.
+1!