A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

A4 "Prestige" ? What is it ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2012, 12:14 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A4 "Prestige" ? What is it ?

Hello,

After 8 years of happy ownership of a 2004 A4 1.8T Quattro 6-speed in silver metallic (the best car I have ever owned, bar none), it is time to replace it... Yes!!!

I have been oogling a white S-Line on my way to work every morning, and I think I want my next Audi to be white; not sure about Ibis white or Glacier white. Then again I saw a nice charcoal gray A4 with darker-rims that were really really nice. Which brings me to my question today:

Some guy over at Audizine says he tooke delivery of a "Prestige S-Line" (a really nice car; check it out!). What is "Prestige"?

Here in Canada the audi.ca web site talks about "Premium" and "Premium Plus" packages, but nothing called "Prestige" or "Titanium"? Are those dark wheels factory? Where do you get them? I wonder what they would look like on a white car?

Thanks in advance...
Old 01-06-2012, 12:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's a US model. I think the US is the only place that has Prestige models of Audi's.
Old 01-06-2012, 01:48 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

AKA overpriced.
Old 01-06-2012, 02:05 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Hmmm...doesn't look like the Prestige S-Line+ package (I have one...awesome car!) is available in Canada.
Old 01-06-2012, 03:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by gunsmoker
AKA overpriced.
AKA the best possible configuration of Audi options to really enjoy using the car.
Old 01-06-2012, 05:11 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Alphatero
AKA the best possible configuration of Audi options to really enjoy using the car.
Agree. Retail is overpriced, but who pays retail? Where they really get you is with the Nav price, but then again every manufacturer charges ~2k+ for that...
Old 01-06-2012, 05:17 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Alphatero
If you compare Prestige with Premium+ for 2012 on audiusa.com,
it's $5100 for navigation, B&O, color DIS, advanced key, and s-line bumpers minus chrome window trim. If it were $2500 I might think about it, although I find the s-line read valance hideous and I couldn't give a rat's a*s about the DIS and the key. I'd buy fancy forged wheels for 5k instead or add some more money and jump into a P+ S4 or a 6-speed manual 5er.
Old 01-06-2012, 05:45 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Daniel DuPont
Hello,

After 8 years of happy ownership of a 2004 A4 1.8T Quattro 6-speed in silver metallic (the best car I have ever owned, bar none), it is time to replace it... Yes!!!

I have been oogling a white S-Line on my way to work every morning, and I think I want my next Audi to be white; not sure about Ibis white or Glacier white. Then again I saw a nice charcoal gray A4 with darker-rims that were really really nice. Which brings me to my question today:

Some guy over at Audizine says he tooke delivery of a "Prestige S-Line" (a really nice car; check it out!). What is "Prestige"?

Here in Canada the audi.ca web site talks about "Premium" and "Premium Plus" packages, but nothing called "Prestige" or "Titanium"? Are those dark wheels factory? Where do you get them? I wonder what they would look like on a white car?

Thanks in advance...
In the US, we have three Trim levels instead of the two you have in CA. Premium, Premium Plus and Prestige. Whereas you have Standard, Premium and Premium Plus.

In the US, you have to buy Prestige level trim in order to get the full Sline package. You only have to buy the Premium level in order to be able to add full Sline.
Old 01-08-2012, 03:00 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

2500? Have you even priced aftermarket bumpers/sideskirts? painted?

With this you get a much better radio, a much better display, and advanced key (which people that are used to it would never give it up) along with painted bumpers.

But then again arent you the one trying to convince people Quattro is only sold in the NE because people can afford them? Let me guess, you drive a FWD. Why am I not surprised.

Originally Posted by gunsmoker
If you compare Prestige with Premium+ for 2012 on audiusa.com,
it's $5100 for navigation, B&O, color DIS, advanced key, and s-line bumpers minus chrome window trim. If it were $2500 I might think about it, although I find the s-line read valance hideous and I couldn't give a rat's a*s about the DIS and the key. I'd buy fancy forged wheels for 5k instead or add some more money and jump into a P+ S4 or a 6-speed manual 5er.
Old 01-08-2012, 05:16 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by dev1nepep
2500? Have you even priced aftermarket bumpers/sideskirts? painted?

With this you get a much better radio, a much better display, and advanced key (which people that are used to it would never give it up) along with painted bumpers.

But then again arent you the one trying to convince people Quattro is only sold in the NE because people can afford them? Let me guess, you drive a FWD. Why am I not surprised.
Why would I price in the aftermarket bumpers/side skirts? I doubt that there is a substantial difference between the COGs of a standard and an S-line bumper. It's a perceived value not actual. I personally don't like the appearance of the rear S-line valance and the side skirts. I'm really glad these are optional. The skirts on the loaner I drove recently were badly scratched and that thing had 1200 miles on it. I do like the front S-line bumper and the badges (got the latter!), but again, the S4 grille is even better. I have the advanced key on the other car I own and I don't really care.
See in my signature what my config is. I wrote a check for this one and I can afford much more of a car, but I guess I'm fiscally conservative, although not in line with the republican party