A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

After Market Parts

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2013, 05:46 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default After Market Parts

I am about to buy a 2014 A4 prestige volcano red and I wanted to know if adding aftermarket parts such as Air intake, or exhaust upgrade .. does this void the warranty
Old 08-24-2013, 11:51 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

It shouldn't, but if you install an intake that doesn't filter well and that causes damage to the turbo, be prepared to pay for a new one.
Old 08-24-2013, 05:50 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by gunsmoker
It shouldn't, but if you install an intake that doesn't filter well and that causes damage to the turbo, be prepared to pay for a new one.

What would be a good upgrade for such a vehicle
Old 08-24-2013, 06:45 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by dynasty0002
I am about to buy a 2014 A4 prestige volcano red and I wanted to know if adding aftermarket parts such as Air intake, or exhaust upgrade .. does this void the warranty
Modifying the vehicle cannot void the manf. warranty. However, if Audi determines that a modification was the cause of an issue, they would not be obligated cover the repair. In some cases, i.e. an ECU upgrade that enhances the engine's performance, the manf. of the modification would step in and cover any incidental repairs declined by Audi, assuming the problem was attributed to the failure of their product. Not all after market manf. support warranty claims for incidental repairs other than replacement only of their part.

Note that these days, most engine mods will generate a "TD1" flag in Audi's system when the car is brought into the dealer's service dept. This puts Audi on notice that your car's engine has been modified and If there is a claim later, Audi will then determine if the mod was the cause. After market brakes, exhausts, wheels and such have not been known to cause TD1 flags.
Old 08-24-2013, 07:25 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by snagitseven
Modifying the vehicle cannot void the manf. warranty. However, if Audi determines that a modification was the cause of an issue, they would not be obligated cover the repair. In some cases, i.e. an ECU upgrade that enhances the engine's performance, the manf. of the modification would step in and cover any incidental repairs declined by Audi, assuming the problem was attributed to the failure of their product. Not all after market manf. support warranty claims for incidental repairs other than replacement only of their part.

Note that these days, most engine mods will generate a "TD1" flag in Audi's system when the car is brought into the dealer's service dept. This puts Audi on notice that your car's engine has been modified and If there is a claim later, Audi will then determine if the mod was the cause. After market brakes, exhausts, wheels and such have not been known to cause TD1 flags.

Thanks for the info.. The car is a great car still without modification but why not put into what your buying
Old 08-24-2013, 11:51 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by dynasty0002
What would be a good upgrade for such a vehicle
aFe Pro Dry S filter and an AWE exhaust since you are interested in these types of upgrades. ECU stage I is by far the best bang for the buck and if you are worried about the warranty, buy it from Stasis. They match the manufacturer warranty.