A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

Which Audi A4 Options to choose

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2010, 05:27 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which Audi A4 Options to choose

I have to select a new Audi A4 as company car. I have a kid and safety and comfort is the best. I also would like to have the best stability on CURVES when driving on Highways.

I have a limited budget from company and have selected a set of options ( side assist, lane assist, MMI etc...) . I still should make a choice between these two package of additional features. Which one do you recommend ?

Alternative 1 :
Sport Driver Seat => extra comfort ?
3 Zone AC => for comfort of passenger behind

Alternative 2:
Audi Drive Select
Dynamic steering
( no budget left for sporty suspension.)

Please help. Thanks
Old 07-28-2010, 09:06 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Sit in a sport seat before you buy one. Many options are are only in a trim level and not available one by one. How options are "grouped" varies by country / market. I'd test drive a car with alternative #2 before I'd pay lots of money for them. They may not do much for you.
Old 07-28-2010, 10:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

This is a critcal decision.

Sport seats come with the $1,5000.00 Sports Package which includes paddle shifters, stiffer, lowered suspension 18" or 19" wheels with summer UHP tires vs, 17" all seasons. Much better handling and steering. $300.00 each vs $100.00 each tires. Need winter tires if it is snowing.

Try to drive both. The difference is astounding. The 19" ride stiffer than the 18" wheels.

Drive select is an adjustable suspension. I never drove one and I think they are a rare and expensive option.

The standard suspension and tires is a softer ride and looser handling. May be a good choice for urban streets.
Old 07-28-2010, 06:02 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Drive select is great !

I have it on my car and use it all the time. When the road is bad, put it in "comfort mode", if you want a sporty ride, set it to dynamic !

I drove a loaner A4 without this option and the steering really felt over assisted. The drive select even in the comfort position feels much better...
Old 07-28-2010, 09:20 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Drive select can be purchased w/o sport package. Kinda pricey me thinks. (May be hard to justify for you BUT I have it and it is a good way to have a his and hers ride at the touch of a button.) Plus it also tightens up the steering response and gives a bit more zip to the go pedal and shifting (in an automatic).
Old 07-29-2010, 05:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

My single biggest regret is not opting for the sline or sport package. Didn't get ADS either, but don't regret that at all...
Old 07-29-2010, 05:58 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 71 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by happy allroader
Sit in a sport seat before you buy one. Many options are are only in a trim level and not available one by one. How options are "grouped" varies by country / market. I'd test drive a car with alternative #2 before I'd pay lots of money for them. They may not do much for you.
Definitely sit in both the sport and non-sport seats before you buy. For me personally (with my build, size, and expectations), the standard seats are unusable. Others may actually prefer them. I don't know which you might prefer, but they are very different, and don't let any dealer tell you otherwise.
Old 07-29-2010, 06:22 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by guvie
I have to select a new Audi A4 as company car. I have a kid and safety and comfort is the best. I also would like to have the best stability on CURVES when driving on Highways.

I have a limited budget from company and have selected a set of options ( side assist, lane assist, MMI etc...) . I still should make a choice between these two package of additional features. Which one do you recommend ?

Alternative 1 :
Sport Driver Seat => extra comfort ?
3 Zone AC => for comfort of passenger behind

Alternative 2:
Audi Drive Select
Dynamic steering
( no budget left for sporty suspension.)

Please help. Thanks
Is this a USA spec'ed car?

If so, what is the base model you are getting?

I think Side Assist and drive select are only avalible as an option if you get the Prestige package.

If that is the package you are getting, the price for side assist on the 2011 dropped to 500 from 900 on the 2010's. Drive select is near a 3,000 dollar add. For that price I would add Sline for 2400 and the side assist for 500.

3 zone AC should be standard with Prestige package (actually added in the Premium Plus package).

Attached is the 2011 buyers guide that will help you see what options are standard with each package and which are options or not avalible.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
2011 A4 Buyers Guide.pdf (76.3 KB, 110 views)

Last edited by Davisjl; 07-29-2010 at 06:38 AM.
Old 07-29-2010, 08:39 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Based on what you said, with budget constraints playing off against handling and comfort, you should consider the sports package as number uno.

Anything else would be secondary (for me).
Old 07-29-2010, 09:32 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 42 Likes on 28 Posts

This must not be a US car.

Since I don't know what designation this is, Premium, P+ or Prestige, I can offer you information, not advice: If you get the ADS you will NOT get sport seats but you will get sport suspension, you will not get the sport suspension wheels and tires.

Now, the above statements are accurate for US configured cars, and in the US it would SEEM that what you have specified would indicate the car in question is a Prestige model as we have our option choices offered here in the US.

You can interpret this anyway you want -- but if you WANT the lower and stiffer suspension, you'll get it with ADS.

I have both the sport suspension option AND the ADS option, which means I have the 19" wheels and tires, the sport seats and the sport steering wheel with paddle shifters and it is a three spoke deal.

This configuration may or may be for your country.

Quick Reply: Which Audi A4 Options to choose