A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

Rubber mats...

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 02:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rubber mats...

Hi all
Will the Audi all-weather mats from my 2006 A4 fit into my 2009 A4 Avant that's coming in next week?
Thanks
Old 03-20-2009, 07:23 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

Sorry, no. completely different.
Old 03-20-2009, 07:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default bummer...

looks like ebay...
Old 03-21-2009, 03:57 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I picked up a set of the OEM Audi rubber mats before the snows came and love 'em. They aren't quite as thick as the ones for my old A6 or allroad so aren't as noticable under the feet. Very pliable and a perfect fit. I may just leave them on all year.
I got them with a discount from my dealer's parts dept but I've also seen them for about $90 for a full set online.
I think the carpeted mats that came with the car are very cheesy - after only 1000 mi they were showing significant wear. Disappointing.

Last edited by snagitseven; 03-21-2009 at 03:59 AM.
Old 03-21-2009, 04:26 AM
Banned

ya you can fit 2006 A4 fit mat in your 2009 Avant.
Old 03-21-2009, 05:08 AM
AudiWorld Super User

And you know this how? From personal experience?
Old 03-21-2009, 05:17 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default I agree. OEM rubber mats are a "hit". (Long)

I had the "clay" B6/B7 OEM rubber mats in my '05.5 A4. They were fantastic. I loved that they were thick with deep channels, easily holding any melted snow or dirt. They did a great job of protecting my beige interior and they looked great. I left them in year round.

When I bought my B8, I ordered the OEM rubber mats and like them too.

In some ways, they are an improvement over the B7 style and in other ways, they are not.

Negatives:
They simply don't look nearly as high end as the old style. The "A4" lettering is just raised molding of the base mat so there is no contrasting color.

They are "form fitting" to the floor which means they do not have the sturdy raised perimeter that the old style had. With the old style, I could carefully take the mat out with all the crud/water still trapped inside and it wouldn't get on the carpet. That is not as true of the new ones.

They only come in black or grey. Now that's not really a fair negative because Audi stopped making the B7 mats in "clay" a few years ago and only produced balck or grey recently BUT "clay" mats were still available if you looked around. There is no such thing as an OEM clay mat for the B8. My B8 has a beige interior. I went with the OEM grey mats and, while it doesn't look bad, it's clearly not a match.

Positives:
I do believe they will do a better overall job protecting my interior. They cover more carpet area than the B7 mats and, being formfitted, they extend up the sides in front a bit. That will stop the crud "mat outline" problem that the old mats could have. Since I have a handheld wet/dry vac so I don't need to be able to take them out with the crud still in them, anymore.

They are thinner and feel less intrusive than the B7 mats.

Overall: The new OEM rubber mats are a "hit". You can get something cheaper but still functional but they won't be as functional as the OEM.

I also recommend the OEM "rubber" trunk liner. Yeah, it's about $100, but also well worth it.
Old 03-21-2009, 05:58 AM

I give the OEM rubber mats a thumbs up. Here in Boston my interior would have bee trashed this past winter had it not been for the winter mats. I recently switched back to the carpet mats but I'm considering going back to the rubber mats all the time. They look better IMO.
Old 03-21-2009, 06:30 AM
mgm
AudiWorld Member

Default Pics of floor mats

Can anybody post pics of the OEM rubber floor mats inside your car? Don't have my car yet but I am thinking of getting them when I take delivery.
Old 03-21-2009, 06:31 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Floor Mat Pics

Normally, I would never post a picture of my car dirty but, in this case, it shows what's not going to be on your carpet.

Driver's side rubber floor mat in "gray".

Passenger side:

Rear: (the "chalky" spots go away when washed)

Trunk Liner:

Last edited by Bob58; 03-21-2009 at 06:58 AM.

Quick Reply: Rubber mats...