A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

2017 A4 coding tweaks

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2018, 10:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by PatoAparato
​​​​​​
It's an additional mode that changes light pattern from 110km/h on to cover a wider area without switching to highbeams.

Pato

The Non Matrix LED headlamp is NOT capable of changing the Beam pattern. This app changes the cut-off height.
Old 08-22-2018, 04:13 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello fellow members and friends. Reading ALL previous posts and looking for a Start/Stop deactivation procedure, I realized that there is no a permanent one. There are some extra electronic modules that "remember" selection before engine stops (look at Ebay.com) but these require hardware connection and modification too, since Audi contol module operation in center console is running under 5 Volts level and not 12.
BUT, looking better at STG09 Central Electrics adaptation option list I found this:
"IDE04159-Deactivation of start-stop function, is not active"
I assume that this value can be changed (ie. ussing VCDS) to Active. Has anyone tried this before? Is this related to what we need to modify for deactivation or is informational only?
Thanks in advance for your kind attention and reply.
Kind regards from Greece,
John
Old 08-22-2018, 04:36 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jpaudioa4
Hello fellow members and friends. Reading ALL previous posts and looking for a Start/Stop deactivation procedure, I realized that there is no a permanent one. There are some extra electronic modules that "remember" selection before engine stops (look at Ebay.com) but these require hardware connection and modification too, since Audi contol module operation in center console is running under 5 Volts level and not 12.
BUT, looking better at STG09 Central Electrics adaptation option list I found this:
"IDE04159-Deactivation of start-stop function, is not active"
I assume that this value can be changed (ie. ussing VCDS) to Active. Has anyone tried this before? Is this related to what we need to modify for deactivation or is informational only?
Thanks in advance for your kind attention and reply.
Kind regards from Greece,
John
I saw that too. That gets reset. I think that's actually what the car turns on when you press the button in the middle console.
There is a very small chance were talking about two different adaptations but I'm pretty sure that's the one I tired.
If nobody else replies confirming this, let me know and I'll check it again in the car.
Old 08-22-2018, 11:26 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 68 Likes on 52 Posts

Hello fellow members and friends. Reading ALL previous posts and looking for a Start/Stop deactivation procedure, I realized that there is no a permanent one.
Not sure if you saw this:

Module: 8/Air Conditioning
Adaptation
A/C comfort param for start/stop function
Old value: 5
New value: 0

This tricks the start-stop system into thinking the HVAC is required and so start-stop never activates. It is a permanent change. Works in the Q7 and I believe works in the A4 as well.

If you totally turn off the HVAC, then the engine will momentarily stop sometimes when the vehicle stops. But as long as you leave the HVAC on (even if very low) then the engine never stops.
Old 08-22-2018, 11:27 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Hello,

is it possible to change the normal turn signal of the side mirrors in a dynamic turn signal using VCDS ?

Thanks.
Old 08-22-2018, 01:15 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Maryus
Hello,

is it possible to change the normal turn signal of the side mirrors in a dynamic turn signal using VCDS ?

Thanks.
There's no way to do that using VCDS. But I know from a Spanish forum that you can purchase a new pair of side mirror LEDs.

https://goo.gl/images/KwxHEa

JOGON in AliExpress.

Regards,

Pato
Old 08-22-2018, 11:26 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by RickObe

Adaptation

This tricks the start-stop system into thinking the HVAC is required and so start-stop never activates. It is a permanent change. Works in the Q7 and I believe works in the A4 as well.

If you totally turn off the HVAC, then the engine will momentarily stop sometimes when the vehicle stops. But as long as you leave the HVAC on (even if very low) then the engine never stops.
Hi. This is what I exactly said, this solution is NOT permanent and depends from HVAC condition, run or off. In my place, half of the year HVAC is not necessary and is off (sleeps). I tried this coding anyway and in 90% of cases the engine stopped again due to Start/Stop feature. So I am looking for another solution, software or hardware. This is what I posted previously. Maybe a hardware modification like this https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Start-S...53.m2749.l2649 could be THE solution. I bought thios module and I will try to modify the button puting this inside center console module. To be in the safe side, I purchsed a used one (center console) to do experiments in.
I will keep you informed and maybe present a retrofit.
Regards,
John
Old 08-23-2018, 05:30 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 68 Likes on 52 Posts

Hi. This is what I exactly said, this solution is NOT permanent and depends from HVAC condition, run or off. In my place, half of the year HVAC is not necessary and is off (sleeps). I tried this coding anyway and in 90% of cases the engine stopped again due to Start/Stop feature. So I am looking for another solution, software or hardware. This is what I posted previously. Maybe a hardware modification like this https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Start-S...53.m2749.l2649 could be THE solution. I bought thios module and I will try to modify the button puting this inside center console module. To be in the safe side, I purchsed a used one (center console) to do experiments in.
I will keep you informed and maybe present a retrofit.
Regards,
John
It is permanent in the sense that it persists between shutdowns of the car. But yes, it is dependent on HVAC condition (after all, that how it works). I can't speak to the A4, but in the Q7 it work 100% of the time as long as you don't turn the HVAC all the way off. You can turn the A/C off. And just turn the fan down to the lowest manual level. For me, that is a good as off, without actually turning it to the OFF mode.
Old 08-23-2018, 08:43 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RickObe

Adaptation

I rarely turn my A/C off so this works exceptionally well for me.. Thanks

What’s nice is pressing the AC OFF button and the engine start/stop activating.
Old 08-23-2018, 09:45 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by berrrtie
I rarely turn my A/C off so this works exceptionally well for me.. Thanks

What’s nice is pressing the AC OFF button and the engine start/stop activating.
I call that "waiting in line for gas at Costco" mode
The following users liked this post:
Wuplur (06-19-2020)

Quick Reply: 2017 A4 coding tweaks